Strange Sounds Heard At The Beginning Of The Song

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
OK, so I listened to The 5th Dimension remake of the late Laura Nyro's "Blowing Away" (from 1969 "The Age of Aquarius") actually from early 1970, someone is yelling out "Aaaaahhhhh, do it Mike" or something?? Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I heard that, too... A call to "Mike Deasy", the guitarist, perhaps? Hear a sort of guitar solo there, following the phrase, that cues the song, which might be him...

Dave

"Son of a Gun!!!!!!" -- Carly Simon says at the beginning of "You're So Vain"...

And I think it must be truly the end before you hear Mick Jagger on the final chorus... (I've heard about him singing w/ Carly, but I thought it was really at the very end or approximately that you hear him!)

Dave

You have to turn up the volume for "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac (from 1977 "Rumours") which Lindsay Buckingham says "f--k"!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Chicago "Liberation" (from 1969 "Chicago Transit Authority") & the last song on side 4, someone is burping when someone goes "1, 2, 3, 4". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

While it's obvious at the end of Led Zeppelin's "The Crunge" someone (I think John Bonham) asks: "Have You Seen The Bridge?" and "WHERE'S THAT CONFOUNDED BRIDGE?", in response to Robert Plant ending the song, w/ repeated versus of "Excuse me...", "Oh, will you excuse me?", "Have you seen the bridge?", "I'm just trying to find the bridge?", "Please!" "Excuse me...!", "Have you seen the bridge?", at the beginning of the song, the engineer, Eddie Kramer says: " Are you ready to rock?" to John Bonham...

Dave

The song "The Crunge", I think that Eddie Kramer is saying "If you like it" & then the late John Bonham plays the drums!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

OK, you're right, Matt! I do remember him saying "If you like it!"...

Dave

Everything you wanted to know about "SIX"!!!! (Or, maybe it's "Sex"?)... --Billy Cobham w/ guitarist Tommy Bolin laughing in response... The dialog which cues off "Quadrant 4" giving rise to a "Baup!" from Bolin's guitar at the beginning of Cobham's Spectrum album...

Too bad the early CD issues (which I once had a copy of) omit that & just break into the song... :mad:

Though later ones may have corrected that, but by now I've got some better playing vinyl...

Dave

"We got four allready but now were steady until they win... 1, 2, 3, 4" Led Zeppelin "The Ocean" (from 1973 "Houses Of The Holy"). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

OOPS!! My mistake!! "We've done four already but now we're steady and then they went....1, 2, 3, 4". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

"Shall we roll it, Jimmy?' "We're rolling on, what, one?" "No, one again?" (airplane heard flying overhead) "Got to get this airplane off." "Naw, leave it, yeah." Led Zeppelin "Black Country Woman" (from 1975 "Physical Graffiti"). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The song "Must Do Something About It" by drummer Joe English (from Wings At The Speed Of Sound from 1976) has a strange sound at the beginning!!

Some lyrics from Robert Johnson's "Come Into My Kitchen" is sung by David Crosby at the beginning of C, S & N's "49 Bye-Bye's"...

Dave

On Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story" from 1971, the remake of Elvis Presley's "That's All Right (Mama)", you can hear someone passes gas or FARTS while the guitar is playing. Hear that on the headphones!!:eek:Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Quicksilver Mesenger Service Just For Love: a few members are credited w/ handguns (.44 Magnum) & found out on what song: "Freeway Flyer", on which they're fired off after a few "false starts" of the song... Disappointing album, as along w/ "Fresh Air" (which I'd had on a cassette copy of Anthology) there was not much it had to offer... Though the "Bob Dylan" economium (sp?) "The Hat"was pretty interesting & I liked "Cobra", too...

I bought this record at a record show along w/ a Quadrophonic copy of Mahavishnu John McLaughlin & Devadip Carlos Santana's Love, Devotion & Surrender...

Dave

Deep Purple's "Might Just Take Your Life" (from 1974 "Burn"), someone is saying "mmmmmm oh yeah". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Tony Levin's bass guitar solo at the beginning of "I Wanna Be Where You Are" (song by Leon Ware & Arthur Ross--Diana's late-brother, of which Ware only spent about minute on his own version, maybe 'cause of the copies made by others)...

Unfortunately, it's shortened on the '45', so the single is not as fun as the version on the LP... :sad:

-- Dave

Like "A Taste Of Honey", "Yesterday" (by the Beatles, copied by myriad others) seems to also be hard to start...

Various "intros", from a strumming guitar on the original, to mallets, vibes, percussion, string improvisions, and other effects cue off the beginning of mostly instrumental versions of this song, ranging from versions heard by everyone from Terry Baxter, to Wes Montgomery, to Gabor Szabo & many others....

-- Dave

Tony Levin's bass guitar solo at the beginning of "I Wanna Be Where You Are" (song by Leon Ware & Arthur Ross--of which Ware only spent about minute on his own version, maybe 'cause of the copies of that song, made by others)...

Unfortunately, it's shortened on the '45', so the single is not as fun as the version on the LP... :sad:

-- Dave

--Melissa Manchester's version is what I'm referring to--can't believe I forgot to mention it, originally! :eek:

John Buck Wilkin's In Search Of Food, Clothing, Shelter & Sex: At the beginning of a guitar-strumming instrumental of "Long Black Veil" (which his mother, MariJohn Wilkin, wrote) as part of a medley w/ another song "Nashville Sun", he says "I wanna say "thank you" to (bassist/producer, originally of Muscle Shoals) Norbert Putnam & Jerry Kennedy, and everyone back home, and--, then stops, but then someone in the background says "mom & dad", of which he repeats "my mom & dad"..."... Some other voices of "studio banter" are also heard...

-- Dave

Think this one is really at the BEGINNING, but it really is the END! And that is:

It's the droning organ at the beginning of Blood, Sweat & Tears 'Morning Glory' (a Tim Buckley song) on the 1st LP, Child Is Father To Man, which you would later hear again at the end of 'You've Made Me So Very Happy', on their 2nd album...

-- Dave

Think this one is really at the BEGINNING, but it really is the END! And that is:

It's the droning organ at the beginning of Blood, Sweat & Tears 'Morning Glory' (a Tim Buckley song) on the 1st LP, Child Is Father To Man, which you would later hear again at the end of 'You've Made Me So Very Happy', on their 2nd album...

-- Dave
One of the greatest albums of all time, imho...

Back
Top Bottom