Do you know anyone who has collected all (or most) things "Carpenter"?

I had some of those Keepsakes - but wish I'd have purchased more... One collection of which I am most proud is a series of Billboard Magazines with ads for many of the new releases... Those were nice. Full color ads for singles and album releases. Oft times I would snag the issues with the reviews as well...

Barry, could you scan some and post there here. I would also be very happy to add them to my album reviews if you wish.

Great forum here, just discovered a few weeks ago. I have to share my recent purchase on EBay. I bid on a '72 and '75 tour book for $2.00, expecting to be outbid at some point, but won. Total price with postage was about $9.00. Well, I received the tour books 2 days ago, and the '72 tour book is autographed by both Karen and Richard, as well as Bill Skiles from Skiles/Henderson. What threw me off was they signed under the printed signatures on the center photo of them sitting in the director's chairs. The seller also threw in 3 Playbills from the Valley Forge show, and one of those is signed by K and R as well. Kinda neat getting these w/ Karen's birthday around the corner.

Welcome aboard Aero bob! Zowie!!! Concert books and autographs at $9 smackers. You got the right time right place thing down pat friend.

Jeff

Thanks. I'm still a bit shocked the seller didn't catch the autographs. Judging from Richard's signature in blue and Karen's in black on both items, I assume they were both signed at the Valley Forge show. I can still see myself listening to Carpenters & Elton John on my parent's stereo in suburban Green Bay,1973, & gradually turning it up while my father attempted to read the paper. Funny, after enduring this nightly, they got me my own stereo...

Little did they know...
That's more or less how my 1st stereo came about as I was forbidden access to stepdaddies. In retrospect I was/am more fastidious with music stuff than the ol' daddy himself. Of note, he wasn't inspired by a Miss Carpenter whose records demand meticulous care either.

Jeff

This seller only had 4 transactions, to my benefit. My father didn't know how good he had it, until I started getting into louder music as I got older.

Here is something interesting today on ebay :
--I do not have one of these in my memorabilia stash, but I've got the photo of them in one of the tour Scan0057.jpg books (Now&Then)!

I probably should point out that I have no connection to the selling of any Carpenters
items on Ebay, the listing just caught my eye as something of interest.

Those were really common back in 1972-73, all the chain stores had them up. My favorite pic in the early days. They weren't a standee, they were a hard cardboard backed poster. I have one for the third album, the same pic on the inside cover with the swing. Same size and all. The fan club released that same poster from the Song For You days without the A&M logo of course, which I had to have back then. Thanks Gary for the memories.

I do have one copy of the Song For You Poster, issued by the Fan Club. 24"X 36" I believe (I have it rolled-up in a tube).
A great picture of Karen and Richard.

My parents remodeled our home in the 70's, and in finally getting my own bedroom, the Song For You poster was the first thing that went up on the walls....and stayed there until the Horizon poster was released. Oh, to have them now. Yes, thanks for the memories.

Just a reminder that I noticed three authentic Carpenters Posters on ebay, today.
The 1971 Black and White Portrait(22X29)
The 1973 Rose-colored Portrait (20X30)
The 1994 Interpretations Promo
Also,Original 1970's Sweatshirt Large with band Logo

My collection is way meager indeed compared to you all, but I didn't actually start collecting until 2006. I was always too shy to write to the fan club. I could kick myself now.

My two most prized pieces are an autographed promo from MIA. A friend from high school gave me this last year. We reconnected on Facebook and learned we both loved the Carpenters. He had to move last year and gave me the autographed picture. Never thought I would own an autographed piece. I'll post a picture of it. It's really fabulous. :)

I also have a square of the red shag carpet from the music room at Newville. :D

I have all of the CD's and just got the SACD. Would love to send it to Richard to autograph.

I'd love, love, love to have a belt buckle!!! Love!!!

I recently found the "Magical Memories" 5-CD collection on eBay. I caved and got it. Reading about it on the resource web site inspired me. I can't wait to compare versions of the songs! :D

One of these days, when I can find the time and the space, I'm gonna spread out all of the things Carpenters I've collected over the years and take a pic. May be a few pics because I don't think I can get everything in one photo. It's something that I'm very proud of and I cherish each and every single thing. I'm glad I found this site to read post and see that I'm not the only true fan out there. Greetings to all and have a happy April

I have a picture but just not sure how to share on here. I think I commented in another thread on this subject though and shared what all I have.

Here is a disc that I have tried to find forever, and until today have never seen a copy:
"Karen in My Memories' promo cd

Okay, I'm having one of those moments with my latest investment…"Magical Memories of the Carpenters". Ah hell, why hide it? I'm about to have a cow over the remix of "Let Me Be The One"!!! It's one of my favs and I was waiting to see the difference of endings, and I was NOT expecting what I got. What a GIFT of joy to hear something like that. I love it!!! Can you all help me though? What exactly is she saying?

"Figure out where the … is, I'll sing iiiiit. Bom!" :love:

What's the "…"? Almost sounds like "rest of", but then not. I've played it about 20 times…enough to where my husband said, "What are you doing?" :biglaugh:

Seriously…my NOKS just went through the ROOF! :uhhuh:

Here is a disc that I have tried to find forever, and until today have never seen a copy:
"Karen in My Memories' promo cd

Gary,

I missed this post....I have never seen this before, was this an official release, it sure looks like it from the A&M logos on the disc. Boy, if I had the money it would be mine...nope I can only look.

Back
Top Bottom