Time for Some Love for Richard!

The first time I came to appreciate the 'twang' was upon my first listen of "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" from the album "Close To You". When Karen sings "That is whhhyyyy I'm here to remind you". There's that 'twang' loud and clear.

The first time I came to appreciate the 'twang' was upon my first listen of "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" from the album "Close To You". When Karen sings "That is whhhyyyy I'm here to remind you". There's that 'twang' loud and clear.
Oh I see. I loved her phrasing on that song.

When I think "twang" I think of an American southern accent.

Richard Carpenter performs a lovely rendition of For All We Know
at Ron Gorow's Memorial/Tribute.
It is a beautifully heartfelt performance (at time 7 min 20sec).
I still love Richard Carpenter !

GaryAlan, thank you so much for providing this link. Richard's segment continues until 15:18. Not only is his performance "heartfelt," as you say, but his classy, kind, empathetic words of comfort and tribute to his friend indeed reinforce Richard's extraordinary humanity...

Richard Carpenter performs a lovely rendition of For All We Know
at Ron Gorow's Memorial/Tribute.
It is a beautifully heartfelt performance (at time 7 min 20sec).
I still love Richard Carpenter !

Wow thanks so much for posting this.

I often think about Richard when his close musical associates pass away and whether he turns up to mourn their passing or celebrate their life, after so many years out of the spotlight. This video answered my question. Most touching for me is when he addressed Ron's wife about the suddenness of his passing and said "I've lived through this shock". Very heartfelt and honest of him to say so, especially in such a private setting.

Richard's performance at the Hollywood Bowl was--and is-- a joy to behold.
Too bad the entire induction ceremony was not professionally videotaped (or, was it?).
Here is Richard and Donna with Superstar...and, I know Karen is watching and smiling from above:

ASCAP Database has a number of Titles under (writer) Richard Carpenter:
Christmas songs, in particular, include (at least):
Together at Christmas Again...another Classic.
This Time of The Year
That's My Kind of Holiday
Season of Wonder
Old Fashioned Christmas....Nice.
Little Jesus
It's Christmas Time at Last
Gleeful Christmas
December Morn (Seiko Matsuda)...Nice song.
Christmas Turned Blue (Seiko Matsuda)...Truly a great song, by the way.
Christmas Time Is Here
Christmas Every Day

There's also:
No Body Slow Dances Anymore

December Morn is still on Youtube, but, I could only locate an instrumental of Christmas Turned Blue,
there is Richard Carpenter performing Together at Christmas Again. Of course, Old Fashioned Christmas
is the title of same from 1984.

Needless to say, I would love to hear these other Richard Carpenter Compositions.

Another wonderful performance, Richard Carpenter at
The Gala Event for the opening of the Carpenter Family Theatre at Westlake High School:

Richard Carpenter remained busy on other musical offerings:
Smokey Robinson, Smoke Signals
Time
Scott Grimes
Veronique
Akiko
, City of Angels
If I Were A Carpenter (One track)
Pianist, Arranger,Composer, Conductor
T.A.T.U., Gomenasai
Claire dela fuente

I find myself listening to the PACC Album incomparably more than the other material.
Also, Something In Your Eyes and How Could I Ask For More stand out as pop music masterpieces.

Here is Richard Carpenter, 2008:

Also, Something In Your Eyes and How Could I Ask For More stand out as pop music masterpieces.

How Could I Ask For More is probably as close as we'll get to a Carpenters track recorded in 1988. It's blueprint Carpenters with a late 80s feel, right down to the backing harmonies, which are at times reminiscent of the harmonies on When You've Got What It Takes.

It also reminds me of the theme tune to the US TV series Thirtysomething :laugh:

While in an audio editing mood today, I cleaned this one up a bit, balanced the stereo, fixed some dropouts, and adjusted the EQ of the left channel, which was very harsh.

Richard Carpenter on piano with orchestra from MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC. "Slaughter On Tenth Avenue."

Harry

May 2012 and August 9, 2013 (?)
American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers
:
"Join us for a special ASMAC Member’s Luncheon on Saturday, August 9th, beginning at 11:30am.
Our destination will be “Yesterday Once More” in Newbury Park, CA (west end of the Conejo Valley)
as guests of one of our recent guest speakers, Richard Carpenter.
When Richard spoke to ASMAC in 2012, he extended the invitation to visit his Classic and Exotic Automobile Collection …
which includes a ’65 Cobra, a ’57 Tbird, a ’56 Chrysler 300B, a ’72 Ferrrai GTC4 and a ’57 Corvette (plus over 30 more)."

Story/Photos:
http://www.asmac.org/richard-carpenter-luncheon-may-18-2012/
http://www.asmac.org/asmac-summer-members-luncheon/

May 2012 and August 9, 2013 (?)
American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers
:
"Join us for a special ASMAC Member’s Luncheon on Saturday, August 9th, beginning at 11:30am.
Our destination will be “Yesterday Once More” in Newbury Park, CA (west end of the Conejo Valley)
as guests of one of our recent guest speakers, Richard Carpenter.
When Richard spoke to ASMAC in 2012, he extended the invitation to visit his Classic and Exotic Automobile Collection …
which includes a ’65 Cobra, a ’57 Tbird, a ’56 Chrysler 300B, a ’72 Ferrrai GTC4 and a ’57 Corvette (plus over 30 more)."

Story/Photos:
http://www.asmac.org/richard-carpenter-luncheon-may-18-2012/
http://www.asmac.org/asmac-summer-members-luncheon/

I just looked up the warehouse using the above address and didn't realise it's so close to Thousand Oaks where Richard lives. I always thought it was somewhere in Hollywood.

Screenshot_2015-08-09-16-24-19_zpsmznrgvqn.png~320x480

Richard and Karen, Belgium 1974,
at 2min40sec, Richard says:
"It's still hard to say why anything is really a success."

I want to see and hold the 3 Grammy's rubbing ever so lightly as the genie in a bottle. Where are each of those rascals? I'd imagine there's 6 total one for each or no? Hmmmm? ??

Back
Top Bottom