Carpenters "The Nation's Favourites" compilation coming in the UK

Does anyone know any actual voters ?
How did this voting occur ?

I am surprised, too, that
Trying To Get The Feeling Again
is not on this compilation....it did chart in the 1990's !
I know Gary...I don't really understand this track list or this poll for that matter or the title of the CD. This release is all a bit confusing to me, if someone mentions a new mix on this one I'll probably buy it otherwise I'll pass on this one.

Does anyone know any actual voters ?
How did this voting occur ?

I am surprised, too, that
Trying To Get The Feeling Again
is not on this compilation....it did chart in the 1990's !

I feel fairly certain in saying that no actual poll or voting took place to produce this list. Presumably it's been chosen as a good format around which to base the TV show that's going to promote this compilation. There's no way 'It's Going to Take Some Time' would have been picked over, say, 'All You Get From Love is a Love Song', which although it wasn't a hit in the UK is much better known and still gets some airplay.

Interesting to hear some of the mix choices for the compilation - I'm very surprised that they went with the LP version of 'Top of the World' over the single version. I suppose it's a nice change from the same old same old, but if I were a casual buyer, I reckon I'd rather than the single version on there, as that was the hit and the version that still gets played on the radio.

I won't spoilt the surprise but there's loads of archive footage and new interviews on this!!! Heaven!

I somehow managed to miss this!

It's not on iplayer as yet, but I'll catch up as soon as I can :) At least this way, I won't have to watch the adverts. Every cloud and all that!

I won't but suffice to say that there was some never before seen footage from 1972 and some of the archive material
was crystal clear and in widescreen...in particular the 1981 interview with Sue Lawley.

I appreciate your discretion. I'd expected it to be a bit of a rehash of previous stuff just to help fill a hole in the schedules. Seems I was wrong :)

Was a wonderful show. Richard looks FANTASTIC. Some terrific archive footage and some great interviews. A surprising number one I have to say, and a surprise at what wasn't in the top ten.

There is a lot of "twitter" action regarding the program and Carpenters !!
So much interest.....very nice to see all of the interest.....
I love that Nation's Favorite #1 Song !

Programme sounds great. I even loved the 'short' that was released to advertise the show beforehand. I guess those of us not in the UK, (Australia here), will be keeping our eye on YouTube to see snippets of it. Here in Australia, the only thing related to The Carpenters that I've seen on Tv in the last five years or so was a re-screening 18 months ago of an Aussie music show called 'Hit Scene' from 1970 that ran the film clip of 'Love is Surrender', (in black and white!) And I heard someone mention that recent UK doco with the re-enacted scenes that focused on Karen's health, so that must have been on. What was the never-seen-before footage from 1972 shown on 'Nation's Favourite Carpenters Song' that someone mentioned?

Programme sounds great. I even loved the 'short' that was released to advertise the show beforehand. I guess those of us not in the UK, (Australia here), will be keeping our eye on YouTube to see snippets of it. Here in Australia, the only thing related to The Carpenters that I've seen on Tv in the last five years or so was a re-screening 18 months ago of an Aussie music show called 'Hit Scene' from 1970 that ran the film clip of 'Love is Surrender', (in black and white!) And I heard someone mention that recent UK doco with the re-enacted scenes that focused on Karen's health, so that must have been on. What was the never-seen-before footage from 1972 shown on 'Nation's Favourite Carpenters Song' that someone mentioned?

One was an interview with Karen & Richard by a Canadian fellow, Karen's wearing the outfit she wears in the 'Hurting Each other' video.
She also discusses how they came across the song 'For all we know' at the movies in I think she said Toronto.

One was an interview with Karen & Richard by a Canadian fellow, Karen's wearing the outfit she wears in the 'Hurting Each other' video.
She also discusses how they came across the song 'For all we know' at the movies in I think she said Toronto.

Thanks, Nicko! :) Sounds excellent. I've noticed, as everybody else probably has, too, that Karen is almost never shown in interview in these tv docos, etc, so it must have been really good for viewers to see her in person, speaking.

I don't mind the spoilers...:wink:
So will a DVD be available to purchase of this video program?
How will those in the US get to see this? After all this talk, I'd like to see this one. How long did it run, an hour? I thought Richard was done with interviews? I ask too many questions. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom