Harriet - (Singer with echoes of Karen Carpenter)*

I don't understand the pre-order for this single, it's posted in May but won't be available to purchase until July? Can someone explain that logic to me, especially with the official video already out? Is this a U.S. thing?

Publicity maybe, she is doing a run of live shows right now, if release it now it gets good AirPlay on popular radio shows.

I think she's well on her way to international acclaim. Hopefully she will stay true to her own style and natural ability.

I will say this about Harriet. She seems to follow a range of other female singers of different genres and occasionally references some of their work on her Twitter tweets. However, since I have begun following her over a year and a half ago (on Twitter and Instagram, discontinued Facebook), she has stayed true to her pop style. This is probably the good influence of her producer. It may have been mentioned before, but she has indicated an album release before the end of this year. I am hoping that comes off, but I have been disappointed before. Now in following her on Instagram, which no doubt a lot of her posts are meant for family and friends, I have likely determined her last name, as I gather her sister's name is Millicent Green. Also, she is in a relationship with a fellow from Turkey as she has gone with him recently to Istanbul (not her first trip there) and at her last post was still there. I feel invasive mentioning all this, but she (and her beau) post all the time on Instagram. Harriet, from my little experience, is a lovely young lady, and I wish her all the best.

Well I spoke too soon. Her debut album will be released October 7th. One can preorder on Amazon.com. Link below. It says they will ship to USA.

HARRIET by Harriet: Amazon.co.uk: Music »

Bright Star Records. Track listings
Disc: 1
1. Afterglow
2. What's Mine Is Yours
3. Broken For You
4. Can I Keep You
5. First And Last
6. Permission To Kiss
7. Unlove You
8. Love Will Burn
9. Empty Shoes
10. Fly
11. Whoever You Are
12. She's Out Of My Life

Well I spoke too soon. Her debut album will be released October 7th. One can preorder on Amazon.com. Link below. It says they will ship to USA.

HARRIET by Harriet: Amazon.co.uk: Music »

Bright Star Records. Track listings
Disc: 1
1. Afterglow
2. What's Mine Is Yours
3. Broken For You
4. Can I Keep You
5. First And Last
6. Permission To Kiss
7. Unlove You
8. Love Will Burn
9. Empty Shoes
10. Fly
11. Whoever You Are
12. She's Out Of My Life
I'm a bit confused, I've seen a lot of these titles already on EP's, iTunes singles or free downloads from her site in the past yr or more. Can anyone explain this? I thought a debut album would be mostly new material.

I'm a bit confused, I've seen a lot of these titles already on EP's, iTunes singles or free downloads from her site in the past yr or more. Can anyone explain this? I thought a debut album would be mostly new material.
We, as people who discovered Harriet early on in her musical journey, have heard most of these songs before. But most of the general public have likely not. At any rate, these are all new recordings with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. I'm really looking forward to hearing these songs with full orchestration.

Does anyone know how much shipping will be from UK to US? It looks like £11.32 is about $14.80 US for the CD.

I really like the orchestra on this song, while I was watching I kept thinking to myself has Richard Carpenter heard Harriet?

Well I guess I can answer my own question...I just pre-ordered her CD, the total is £12.51 including the shipping which equates to about $16.36 that's not bad and I'm happy to support her debut CD release. I can't wait to hear "What's Mine Is Yours" with a full orchestra.

I case you missed it, Harriet has put a song on Soundcloud, a cover of a song "Say It Again" by singer Frances. Also, there was a recent article that she has noted. Harriet exclusive interview » Also it seems in anticipation of the album, she has removed most of the songs from Soundcloud (and same for YouTube).

It appears that Harriet's new album is now showing up on Amazon US for pre-order at $20.99 for the CD.
I still don't understand how Amazon UK is cheaper even with shipping to the US it's only going to cost me about $16.50

Also Amazon US has mp3's (30 seconds) of all the tracks so you can preview them if your undecided.
I think this is going to be a great CD with the orchestra, I can't wait to get my CD.

Thank you, Rick, for this information. Yes, the album sounds like it will be a special one. I too ordered the Amazon UK CD. The release date is October 7th and I have always assumed it will be shipped around that date. At one point on the Amazon US it mentions an October 28th date and I hope it is not the later date. We will see. The orchestra will add a nice touch to these songs. Looking forward to receiving her first "offering."

She's performing on London Live today. Can't get a feed in the U.S. so hoping it will be posted somewhere online.

Did anyone get to watch the London Live performance? I wonder if those in the US will get to see this?

Yes I saw some of it, she was brilliant, she sang 'Broken for You' and also a second song and interview which I didn't realise she was doing so I'd turned it off as the show was 2 hours long.
Unless you live in London it's not part your TVs guide ( it's a local channel) and so are not able to do a proper recording, so unless someone from London or Harriet herself posts it I doubt you're going to see it.

That was great, thanks for the link. The only thing I would suggest (since this was a broadcast through television) is that I wished she made more eye contact with the camera during her performances. If you remember how Karen use to play to the audience through the camera, when Karen performed on television she had a way of looking into the camera and she was singing it just for you.

I think Harriet's performance would have been that much more incredible if she reeled the audience in through her interpretation of these 2 songs by playing more to the camera. This may not have been her fault as the cameraman seemed to be all over and only got in close once or twice. I can't wait for the new album and would be shocked if Richard has not heard her sing, someone needs to send this over his way.

Back
Top Bottom