Herb Alpert Red Hot Specially Remixed Version

Magic Man

Hi guys how are you i was kind of bored today so i tought i could just record my red hot vinyl and put it on youtube so heres the link enjoy the funk
if anyone else has a youtube channel here it would be fun to know have a greate day

Ok, when I was a teenager in 1983, I thought this was the hippest thing to ever come out. When I got my copy, like the one you see in the video, I was like a kid coming out of the candy store with a winning lottery ticket for a million bucks' worth of Milky Way. Now, looking back some thirty-odd years later, it's a bit much. I do still enjoy the album remix on the BLOW YOUR OWN HORN album. But 12" singles were designed to be 'over the top', so I get it. On a rare whim I might crank this one up, but it's essentially a novelty now... sorta like the "Monster Funk Mix" of Bullish.

Ok, when I was a teenager in 1983, I thought this was the hippest thing to ever come out. When I got my copy, like the one you see in the video, I was like a kid coming out of the candy store with a winning lottery ticket for a million bucks' worth of Milky Way. Now, looking back some thirty-odd years later, it's a bit much. I do still enjoy the album remix on the BLOW YOUR OWN HORN album. But 12" singles were designed to be 'over the top', so I get it. On a rare whim I might crank this one up, but it's essentially a novelty now... sorta like the "Monster Funk Mix" of Bullish.
I feel the same way about the Specially remixed version of Bullish which i had as a 12 inch white label promo although i still enjoy that one i never knew there were other versions until a few years ago and i too thought that monster funk mix was a bit too much but to each their own. Sometimes i like those specially remixed versions sometimes i dont it just depends on the song and artist.

Sometimes i like those specially remixed versions sometimes i dont it just depends on the song and artist.

One remix I particularly preferred over the original album version was the full length 'Cool Summer Mix' of "Diamonds" on 12" single, which segued into a "Keep Your Eye On Me" motif at the end.

One remix I particularly preferred over the original album version was the full length 'Cool Summer Mix' of "Diamonds" on 12" single, which segued into a "Keep Your Eye On Me" motif at the end.
I too prefer the Cool Summer mix of Diamonds to the original version and thankfully i have that version on "The Very Best Of Herb Alpert " Cd ( mine has a sticker saying Disc made in england on it") it was a wonderful bonus as well as getting the single edit of "Rise"

The "cool summer mix" has its roots in "Nasty" from Janet Jackson's Control album, where it appeared on the b-side of a 12" single for one of her later hits from that album.

Back
Top Bottom