El Bimbo ?

No. It remains a non-album track along with:

The You In Me
Whistle Song
The Lady In My Life

Other non-album tracks that have at least appeared on foreign compilation albums include:

Mexican Drummer Man
Fire And Rain

The 2nd version of The Lady In My Life was on the COLORS album.

EL BIMBO (GP 281) was the title track of a Japanese compilation released by King Record Co., when they were A&M's Japan licensee. The record has '74 & '75 copyrights and the inside Japanese liner sheet has a '76 copyright.

El Bimbo.jpg

That's right! I HAVE seen that before (but don't own one). The first version of "The Lady In My Life" remains only available on the flip side of the "I Need You (Remix)" single.

Oh - and as to the original poster's question, no - none of these ever surfaced on a released CD.

Wow, shall we rename this the "Harry's wrong again thread"?

Geez, I thought I knew this stuff...

:sigh:

The original "Fire and Rain" is not on LOST TREASURES. The original has a different percussion mix and Herb starts with harmony open trumpets. On the remixed version on LOST TREASURES Herb plays with muted trumpet. The original surfaced on a UK LP compilation.

Last edited:
"Fire And Rain" was on the U.K. compilation, HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS PLAY THE STANDARDS OF TODAY. Hamlet was the U.K. mid-price line and also appeared in the Land of OZ.

PlaysStandards.jpg

Is that the remake of the late Michael Jackson's "The Lady In My Life" (from "Thriller")?? Matt Clark Sanford, MI

By the way, I don't have the ones that you mentioned on vinyl or on 45 single. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

"Fire And Rain" was on the U.K. compilation, HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS PLAY THE STANDARDS OF TODAY. Hamlet was the U.K. mid-price line and also appeared in the Land of OZ.

PlaysStandards.jpg

"Fire and Rain", the original track, also appeared later on the MFP (Music For Pleasure) budget label in the UK on the same compilation re-titled THIS GUY'S IN LOVE WITH YOU.

R-714062-1459439651-1942.jpeg.jpg

R-714062-1459439809-8203.jpeg.jpg

We've previously discussed that these UK albums were the only stereo source for "Fire and Rain", even though the stereo is not all that wide to begin with. It's all rather "mono-ish".

"Fire and Rain", the original track, also appeared later on the MFP (Music For Pleasure) budget label in the UK on the same compilation re-titled THIS GUY'S IN LOVE WITH YOU.

R-714062-1459439651-1942.jpeg.jpg

R-714062-1459439809-8203.jpeg.jpg

We've previously discussed that these UK albums were the only stereo source for "Fire and Rain", even though the stereo is not all that wide to begin with. It's all rather "mono-ish".
I remember seeing this particular Lp in a Drug store which sold imports and even occasional bootlegs along with regular Lps and unfortunately I was in grade school and had a limited allowance and it would have been a worthy purchase for fire and rain fortunately I was able to get a pristine copy of the single in 84 for a quarter and thankfully I preserved it to tape and now it's on one of my CDR MIX DISCS I'm so glad I taped all the 45s I later lost because at least I still have the music in some form.

I wonder if Herb and Randy would ever consider releasing an EP (on HAP) of all of these non-album tracks, plus perhaps the two alternate tracks from NOCHE DE AMOR.... also a few remixes... (hint, hint... :D)

I wonder if Herb and Randy would ever consider releasing an EP (on HAP) of all of these non-album tracks, plus perhaps the two alternate tracks from NOCHE DE AMOR.... also a few remixes... (hint, hint... :D)
Sounds like a HAP. Version of Lost treasures. That would be nice but I would say "Don't Hold Your Breath"! Just saying.

I do have "Lady In My Life" on one of those 3" CD singles as the so-called 'B' side to "I Need You".

I managed to track down a CD copy of "The Lady In my Life", only this one's on a maxi-single from W. Germany of "I Need You". It has four tracks:

I Need You (remix)
The Lady In My Life
I Need You (12" mix)
I Need You (Album Version)

Catalog number: 390358-2

I'd never encountered a 12" mix of "I Need You" either, so this serves double duty.

It remains a non-album track along with:

The You In Me
Whistle Song
The Lady In My Life

It's over a year later, but since catching Harry in a mistake is such a rare pleasure, I feel compelled to point out that "Whistle Song" DID make it onto CD.... it was on Lost Treasures.

It's over a year later, but since catching Harry in a mistake is such a rare pleasure, I feel compelled to point out that "Whistle Song" DID make it onto CD.... it was on Lost Treasures.
Different recording...

Back
Top Bottom