WE FIVE - YOU WERE ON MY MIND

Speaking of "You Were On My Mind", earlier this year, a disc was issued called HARD TO FIND 45s VOL 17. It contains a true stereo version of "You Were On My Mind." As many A&M aficionados know, even on SP4111, the stereo album, "You Were On My Mind" was a mono track.

Also on this disc is a new stereo remix of Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park", a track that has always sounded a bit muddy and problematic, and the new remix is spectacular.

Various Artists - Hard To Find 45s On CD, Volume 17 - Late Sixties Classics - Amazon.com Music

I was just thinking about We Five yesterday as I have the collectors choice 2 for CD which has The aforementioned album paired with Make someone happy It's a Great set I didn't know the title track was in mono that explains why it didn't have the usual separation

Me too, plus a couple of copies of the LP.
I had the vinyl of you were on my mind lp in both stereo and mono Until they got lost in the 90s i hated losing the mono version but at least I got it back in stereo and on cd and it's a keeper it's kind of sad they didn't have more albums or hits I love their version of Tonight from West side Story back in 84 when I first had the LP I would play that song several times before going out on a date with my then steady girlfriend and keep in mind I was 17 very fond romantic memories

Speaking of "You Were On My Mind", earlier this year, a disc was issued called HARD TO FIND 45s VOL 17. It contains a true stereo version of "You Were On My Mind." As many A&M aficionados know, even on SP4111, the stereo album, "You Were On My Mind" was a mono track.

Also on this disc is a new stereo remix of Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park", a track that has always sounded a bit muddy and problematic, and the new remix is spectacular.

Various Artists - Hard To Find 45s On CD, Volume 17 - Late Sixties Classics - Amazon.com Music

Caveat, this label is using DES electronic Stereo recreations. Not proper true Stereo mixed by the master owners.

There are both recreations and true stereo on that disc. The We Five song is true stereo, and there's a terrific remix of MacArthur Park by Richard Harris. It's way better than the old MCA version.

Regardless of whether they are in stereo or mono I Still Love We Five's A&M classic albums I was fortunate to discover them in my teens back in the 80s and their music was already long out of print back then fortunately I lived in a town that had a specialty record shop that sold A LOT of used Lps and 45 s and Tons of A&M classic albums Including Herb Alpert. BMB and much more and that's how I started my A&M And general collecting in the very few years years of its existence the owner considered me one of his best customers.and he went out of his way to track down what I was seeking for and he succeeded 95 % Of the time which was very very good considering the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom