Other Beatles songs you would have wanted the Carpenters to record

Buried Alien

Early in their career, the Carpenters recorded several Beatles songs, including "Ticket to Ride," "Help!," and "Nowhere Man." At one point, I think they were even a bit concerned that they would be perceived as a Beatles cover band.

What other songs from the Beatles' catalog do you think would have worked great for a Carpenters treatment? I feel that "You Won't See Me" from RUBBER SOUL would have been great for the Carpenters. "No Reply" from BEATLES FOR SALE might also have been very good.

Notably, though the Carpenters' tuneful style would seem to match well with Paul McCartney's composition style, the three Beatles songs that the Carpenters recorded and released were all John Lennon compositions.

Here, There and Everywhere. I could imagine Karen adding her unique emotional interpretation to it.
You and I share the same opinion here! This song came to mind when reading this thread -- I don't usually hear nonexistent versions of songs. :D "Here, There, and Everywhere" is a favorite from REVOLVER and a favorite Beatles track in general.

Another track our duo performed from Revolver -- "Good Day Sunshine"! I hear the little snippet of Karen's voice from the Make Your Own Kind of Music "medley" when that song comes up. Gorgeous.

Here's one for the "out there" category: Paul McCartney's Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey; great vocals range for Karen to play with and a hot mess of a song for Richard to arrange.

Back
Top Bottom