How many Carpenters LPs / CDs do you have total?

Well, I am well behind all of you.

Let's see:

I have all the studio albums (my website shows what I have LP-wise)

For CD's, I have "From the Top", "Essential Carpenters", the "Reader's Digest" set, the karaoke 2-disc thing, and the Japanese Box Set.

Ed

I am 16 (almost 17), have been collecting them since I was 14 (almost 15) so almost 3 years.

I have 43 Vinyls (counting each record in box sets and albums I have more than once)

88 CDs (counting each disc in a box set)

plus 30 singles (including 45's I have more than one copy of)

so in total I have 161 CDs, Vinyls and singles of the Carpenters. And can't wait to get more !!!

Not that it's a competition but it seems that Harry has far and away the largest collection and by quite a distance! Thus far until someone comes and proves me wrong!. but up to now it would seem that most people have massive quantities of Carpenters material. I also collect Sinatra and more than likely have over 300 vinyl LP records here at home but he is by far my biggest collection then the Carpenters second.

I am 16 (almost 17), have been collecting them since I was 14 (almost 15) so almost 3 years.

I have 43 Vinyls (counting each record in box sets and albums I have more than once)

so in total I have 161 CDs, Vinyls and singles of the Carpenters. And can't wait to get more !!!

Great to know that you are very young like me and collectively insane hahahah with respect to all :)(One can feel young forever), we could talk ... I do not know if it happens to you that they always tell me, but that is not music of your time ... and I answer them I do not care the voice of Karen is timeless :phones:

My collection is humbly small. You wonderful folks probably have my lifetime or more ahead of me in terms of collecting. :D Still, it is not the magnitude of stuff that bonds us- it is a strong, mutual love of our favorite duo.

I have GOLD, "The Nation's Favourites", and "A Song for You" on cd. I have at least one of every studio album, except for "Lovelines", on vinyl ("Offering" and "Ticket to Ride" included; have two copies of "Close to You" and "Carpenters"). I also have "Live in Japan 1974" and "Live at the Palladium". 45s up to "There's A Kind of Hush"- I'm still proud that I found most of them with their sleeves. "Lovelines" and "Old Fashioned Christmas" I actually obtained cassettes of.

In terms of DVDs, I have the official "Gold:Greatest Hits" and "Christmas Memories: Carpenters"- and two "unofficial" discs. One is "In Performance 1972" and the other is some "Legends In Concert". No idea where they came from.

Perhaps one of the prides of my collection is the Reader's Digest set that I got from @djn. Got my money's worth playing the devil outta that remixed, DJ-delete "Now and Then" medley.

I'm straying here but does anyone know why DA DOO RON RON was not included in this collection?

You're catching up quick, Simon! Very impressive.

Not that it's a competition but it seems that Harry has far and away the largest collection and by quite a distance! Thus far until someone comes and proves me wrong!. but up to now it would seem that most people have massive quantities of Carpenters material. I also collect Sinatra and more than likely have over 300 vinyl LP records here at home but he is by far my biggest collection then the Carpenters second.

I was only talking about LPs originally. I didn't count 45s, tapes, CDs and imported stuff from Japan, etc. I'm almost afraid to count it. Lol.

If you have an 8 Track of N&T, DDRR runs into two different tracks, but the song is extended quite a bit.

29 vinyl - including Live at the Palladium, Singles 74-78, Offering, Yesterday Once More (84 tv and U.K.) and both Christmas.

40 singles- including Bless The Beasts from Japan with vibes in intro

31 cd. Several are multi disc sets, but only counted the set as one. Live in Japan, From the Top 12x12 box, Anthology, Collected, etc.

This thread caused me to do something that will exposed my defective completest gene. But I counted them this morning anyway. Over the years I have acquired all of the sets, compilations , and various offerings such as 8 Track, cassette, Reel to Reel, QRS Piano rolls, a complete set of unopened LP's. US, Japan, British, Malaysia, etc. So here are my totals.
Carpenter 33's 73 Carpenter Music covered by others 33's 19
Carpenter 45's 58
Carpenter CD's 347 Carpenter Music Covered by Others CD 36
Carpenter Cassette 41
Carpenter 8 Track 12
Carpenter R2R 9
Carpenter DVD 30
Carpenter VHS 9
Carpenter Total (Records and CD's only) - 478

I am still looking for the early Yesterday Once More and the Early 22 Greatest Hits POCM1585
I am hopelessly hooked on their music and style. It was their concert in 1974 or 1975 that hooked me.
I suppose the best finds that I have come across was a Tan album from eBay that turned out to signed by Karen and Richard, and the 2015 Complete Singles Set in the dollar bin at a thrift shop.

I enjoy reading your posts and the quality of this site, especially the resource pages.

Happy Listening,

Chas

This thread caused me to do something that will exposed my defective completest gene. But I counted them this morning anyway. Over the years I have acquired all of the sets, compilations , and various offerings such as 8 Track, cassette, Reel to Reel, QRS Piano rolls, a complete set of unopened LP's. US, Japan, British, Malaysia, etc. So here are my totals.
Carpenter 45's 58
Carpenter Cassette 41
Carpenter 8 Track 12
Carpenter R2R 9
Carpenter DVD 30
Carpenter VHS 9

I am still looking for the early Yesterday Once More and the Early 22 Greatest Hits POCM1585
I am hopelessly hooked on their music and style. It was their concert in 1974 or 1975 that hooked me.
I suppose the best finds that I have come across was a Tan album from eBay that turned out to signed by Karen and Richard, and the 2015 Complete Singles Set in the dollar bin at a thrift shop.

I enjoy reading your posts and the quality of this site, especially the resource pages.

Happy Listening,

Chas

Welcome! Great collection. :)

Carpenter 45's 58
Carpenter Cassette 41
Carpenter 8 Track 12
Carpenter R2R 9
Carpenter DVD 30
Carpenter VHS 9

Happy Listening,

Chas
I can’t wait to hear more contributions from you.

Carpenter 45's 58
Carpenter Cassette 41
Carpenter 8 Track 12
Carpenter R2R 9
Carpenter DVD 30
Carpenter VHS 9

Happy Listening,

Chas

Very Cool, I really can not imagine how big your collection is, Maybe your collection is the Biggest in the world? :goodie::bow::bow:...you could upload some photos of your collection and strange editions Regards:):)

Personally, my collection is very tiny. I have 2 CD's, The Singles 1969 - 1981 (which everywhere I go, seems to be the only Carpenters album ever around. Hell, there's usually like 4 copies of that one!) and Christmas Portrait.

Though I'm very pleased to have even 1 Carpenters CD, I'm hoping to expand my collection sometime soon :)

I hope it’s ok if I refresh/add-on to this post so late. After seeing this post, I got right to it because I didn’t have any LPs/CDs on a list. I remember at a point looking at what I do have and feeling pretty good about having at least one version of anything that was ever recorded. I think.

I count – 68 for me.

Vinyl Albums - 24: Offering (2), TTR (1), Close To You (6), Carpenters (4) (1 sealed), Singles 1969-1973 (1), A Song for You (2), Now and Then (1), Horizon (1), A Kind of Hush (1), Passage (1), Christmas Portrait (1), MIA (1), Voice of the Heart (1), Old Fashioned Christmas (1)

45’s – 8: Merry Christmas Darling (2), (They Long to Be) Close to You (1), For All We Know (1), Rainy Days and Mondays (1), Hurting Each Other (1), Goodbye to Love (1), Sing (1), It’s Going to Take Some Time this Time (1)

CD’s – 33: Close to You (1), The Singles 1969-1973 (Import) (1), Passage (1), Christmas Portrait (Germany) (1), Made in America (1), A Christmas Collection (1), Essential Collection (4 CDs) (1), Lovelines (1), As Time Goes By (1), From The Top (2) 8 CDs, Carpenters Gold (UK) (1), Karen Carpenter (Import) (1), Carpenters Gold (US) (2 CDS) (1), Singles 1974-1978 (Import) (1), Anthology 1989 (Import) (4 CDS) (1), Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (1), The Complete Singles (3CDS) (1)

DVDs -3: Interpretations, Close to you: Remembering the Carpenters, Christmas Memories

Wow, I'm seriously impressed by everyone else. All I have is the first four albums on LP and a 45 of "Rainy Days and Mondays" - not even sure I still have the right to call myself a Carpenters fan! :)

Ok let me try and get this right …

CD’s - ticket to ride , close to you , carpenters , now and then , voice of the heart , passage , made in America , horizon , Christmas collection, a song for you , both solo albums by Karen and Richard , as time goes by , Lovelines ,

DVDS - Gold ,Christmas Memories, Close to you remembering the Carpenters -(2) , the Karen Carpenter Story , Carpenters the Complete Story

I forgot to add my compilation's
The ultimate collection
The essential collection
Complete singles
Interpretations
Treasures
Singles 1969-73 and 74-81
Carpenters collected
Nations favourite Carpenters song
Richard Carpenter's piano songbook
Carpenters RPO

I have:

Digitally purchased:
The Studio Albums (purchased on Qobuz)
Christmas Collection (purchased on Qobuz)
The Essential Collection (purchased on Qobuz)
The Solo Albums (purchased on Qobuz)
Carpenters RPO (purchased on Qobuz)

CDs:
The Compact Disc Collection
Live in Japan
Live at the Palladium
Christmas Portrait (1985 West German CD)
The Singles 1974-1978
From The Top
Magical Memories of the Carpenters
Interpretations (UK version)
Their Greatest Hits And Finest Performances
The Complete Singles
Christmas Portrait (Special Edition) (Because it was bundled with The Complete Singles)
Carpenters RPO (SHM CD)

DVD:
Christmas Memories

I think I will add the 1984 UK Yesterday Once more CD or Vinyl (or a Made in America Vinyl) and a Passage Vinyl to my collection next.

My CD collection isn't nearly as extensive as that of others, but I have the albums I most wanted to have:

1. Ticket to Ride
  2. Close to You
  3. Carpenters
  4. A Song for You
  5. Now & Then
  6. The Singles: 1969-1973
  7. Horizon
  8. Passage
  9. Interpretations: A 25th Anniversary Celebration (2 copies)
  10. 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
  11. As Time Goes By
  12. 40/40
  13. Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (2 copies)

I also have Karen's solo album and Richard's Piano Songbook, both on CD, and I have the Perry Como Christmas special featuring them on DVD.

Last edited:
I am interested in CDs only (I got the Horizon LP just for the cover) and this is what I got so far:

Albums / Live / Solo CDs: Ticket To Ride (1), Close To You (3), Carpenters (1), A Song For You (2), Now And Then (4), Live In Japan (1), Horizon (1), A Kind Of Hush (2), Live At The Palladium (1), Passage (2), Made In America (1), Voice Of The Heart (1), Lovelines (3), Karen Carpenter (1), As Time Goes By (1)

Major Compilations CDs: The Singles 1969-1973 (4), The Singles 1974-1978 (1), Yesterday Once More 85 (2), Christmas Portrait Special Edition (3), Classics Volume 2 (2), From The Top (Longbox) (1), Interpretations UK (1), Interpretations US (2), The Essential Collection (1), Gold 35th Anniversary Ed. US (4), 40/40 US (1), Collected (1), The Complete Singles (1)

General Compilations CDs: O Melhor De Carpenters Only Yesterday - Brazil (1), The Carpenters Collection (Their Greatest Hits) (1), Treasures Japan (1), Treasures UK (1), Their Greatest Hits (5), A&M New Gold Series Vol. 1 (1), A&M New Gold Series Vol. 2 (1), A&M Gold Series (1), Carpenters Collection (Time-Life) (1), Reflections (1), Twenty-Two Hits Of The Carpenters (3), Christmas Collection (1), Their Greatest Hits And Finest Performances (1), Love Songs (2), Yesterday Once More 98 (1), By Request (1), Gold UK (2), The Singles 1969-1981 (3), 20th Century Masters Millennium Collection (1), The Ultimate Collection UK (1), 20/20 Best Of Best Selection - Japan (1), Carpenters With The RPO (1)

CD Single: I Need To Be In Love / Top Of The World - Japan (1)

Cover / Tribute CDs: If I Were A Carpenter (1), Richard Clayderman (1)

DVD: Close To You - Remembering The Carpenters (1), Gold 2 CDs + 1 DVD (1)

LP: Horizon (1)

Gray-Area: Cds (17), VCD (1), DVD (2)

The next two CDs will be A Song For You (Remastered Classics) and Christmas Portrait (West Germany CD), and that will be it.

Back
Top Bottom