Grand Gala 1974 full show

Hey Harry- is Central Florida still sunny today? My youngest son just landed in Orlando. (Sorry off topic.)

It's been cloudy most of the day with on and off rain as the former tropical storm exits stage right.

I don't mind 'Little Honda', but I don't know, or maybe don't remember, the original. I like Karen's b.v.'s, (and the group's). I don't like Richard's 'Daddy's Home' at all.
I wish Richard had recorded a studio version of "Daddy's Home". I think it's one of his most flawless performances (maybe there's a studio version in the vaults with "Toyland").

I always thought of the oldies live onstage as just fun songs. They have fun harmonies and melodies and Karen’s while playing the drums are my favorite and help blend in everyone.

I think the best are on Now and Then. But the added 50’s tunes sound fun Live. Besides, even the originals can be taken apart as critically. I like ShBoom and Daddy’s Home together, and I think they reflect a nostalgic sing along feel. From the Live in Japan set they are among my favorites and I always want to sing along but not too loud so I can still hear Karen’s voice in the backup vocals.

Back
Top Bottom