SWEET MEMORY Set - Question

Your right what was I thinking that set came much later. The more I listen to sets like the essential collection, from the top and sweet memory the more I prefer that sound and mastering and the less I like how some of the albums sound from the 35th box set.

When you think about it the sweet memory set was a huge set released back in 95 with that many tracks. I still think there's something special about the mastering and overall sound on this set. I'm so happy to have this set in my collection.

Your right what was I thinking that set came much later. The more I listen to sets like the essential collection, from the top and sweet memory the more I prefer that sound and mastering and the less I like how some of the albums sound from the 35th box set.

When you think about it the sweet memory set was a huge set released back in 95 with that many tracks. I still think there's something special about the mastering and overall sound on this set. I'm so happy to have this set in my collection.

I have no idea which facility they used to master this. The mastering process has evolved a bit over the last 30 years. Doug Sax (who just recently passed) was founder of The Mastering Lab and to this day my buddy who still works for them is mastering albums the old fashioned way - via analogue vacuum tubing, etc. I've had a couple of albums that I've produced and had mastered at the lab, and they sounded amazing. It really all depends. Japan really is ahead of us on so many levels. My first touring stint as a professional MD (music director) was in Japan at age 19, and I just remember thinking "My God, they are so far ahead of us and I thought WE had everybody else in the world beat as far as fashion and technology." Most certainly not the case.

My Sweet Memory set has remained sealed, other than I was able to obtain a of the remixed version of Another Song, WITHOUT having to open the shrink wrap (thanks to the buddy system) and it sounds fantastic.

I have no idea which facility they used to master this. The mastering process has evolved a bit over the last 30 years. Doug Sax (who just recently passed) was founder of The Mastering Lab and to this day my buddy who still works for them is mastering albums the old fashioned way - via analogue vacuum tubing, etc. I've had a couple of albums that I've produced and had mastered at the lab, and they sounded amazing. It really all depends. Japan really is ahead of us on so many levels. My first touring stint as a professional MD (music director) was in Japan at age 19, and I just remember thinking "My God, they are so far ahead of us and I thought WE had everybody else in the world beat as far as fashion and technology." Most certainly not the case.

My Sweet Memory set has remained sealed, other than I was able to obtain a of the remixed version of Another Song, WITHOUT having to open the shrink wrap (thanks to the buddy system) and it sounds fantastic.

sim

Chris at the end you discovered what was the way that "Sweet Memories" (my favorite of all) was made, since many think it is the compilation with better sound, or we could be in the presence of something more psychological than real, for example the covers in Acuarela, because they are the remix that everyone knows or is there something behind? Regards.... about two years ago or more I saw it in an interview and a video exposing his great collection, that inspired me to always get more material Carpenters ...:)

sim

Chris at the end you discovered what was the way that "Sweet Memories" (my favorite of all) was made, since many think it is the compilation with better sound, or we could be in the presence of something more psychological than real, for example the covers in Acuarela, because they are the remix that everyone knows or is there something behind? Regards.... about two years ago or more I saw it in an interview and a video exposing his great collection, that inspired me to always get more material Carpenters ...:)

I correct up (Sweet Memory )Lol

It seems that a re release of this product would cost the record company very little since all the work is done. A few mixes have changed since then and those could be edited in which would still give value to the original set if something of this nature was completed.

Back
Top Bottom