Carpenters Best Reissue

Karen4ever

I apologize if this is already noted elsewhere on this board.

A&M/Universal in Japan has recently re-pressed Carpenters Best (DCI-83267/8), originally issued in 1994 in 2 separate volumes and distributed through mail-order only, in a new 2-disc case with different artwork and packaging. While the contents of this new release remain identical to the earlier one, the sound fidelity has been much improved.

This would be a good opportunity for those who are searching for the earlier release (which sometimes comes up on ebay at a stiff price) to pick it up at a reasonable price of around $30 (before shipping) from amazon.jp. Surprisingly, this new release is not listed on cdjapan.

A&M/Universal in Japan has recently re-pressed Carpenters Best (DCI-83267/8), originally issued in 1994 in 2 separate volumes and distributed through mail-order only, in a new 2-disc case with different artwork and packaging. While the contents of this new release remain identical to the earlier one, the sound fidelity has been much improved.

This would be a good opportunity for those who are searching for the earlier release (which sometimes comes up on ebay at a stiff price) to pick it up at a reasonable price of around $30 (before shipping) from amazon.jp. Surprisingly, this new release is not listed on cdjapan.
At the moment, there is a 2-CD 'Carpenters' Best' set on Amazon.co.jp for about $19 US, 56 percent off, but I'm not sure if it's the one you mean. I haven't checked the catalogue number.

You are most likely looking at the item sold by an Amazon market seller (though dispatched by Amazon domestically). Most such sellers in Japan won't ship to an address outside Japan (and even when they do, they would charge an exorbitant shipping fee).

You should look for the item that is directly sold by Amazon. Here is the direct link:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product..._act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5

Just copy and paste the above address to your web browser.

Carp_Best_Vol_1.jpg
Carp_Best_Vol_2.jpg

I actually have an extra set of these discs in their original 1994 two-individual-packages form. I'll give them to whoever sends me a private "conversation" first, no strings, no cost. You pay shipping to anywhere other than the US. I'll ship to a US address for free.

The caveat is that while the first disc (Vol. 1), is genuine, the second is a digital copy.

Carp_Best_Vol_1.jpg
Carp_Best_Vol_2.jpg

I actually have an extra set of these discs in their original 1994 two-individual-packages form. I'll give them to whoever sends me a private "conversation" first, no strings, no cost. You pay shipping to anywhere other than the US. I'll ship to a US address for free.

The caveat is that while the first disc (Vol. 1), is genuine, the second is a digital copy.
I always thought that they were CD Singles.

Back
Top Bottom