📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing: why would they include The Singles 1969-1973 when all those tracks are included on the five previous albums in the collection? Seems pointless to me if that's the case. I know it includes segued tracks but it's not an original studio album in the true sense. It's also available as an import on that improved vinyl edition the Japanese released a while back.

Another thing: why would they include The Singles 1969-1973 when all those tracks are included on the five previous albums in the collection? Seems pointless to me if that's the case.

Probably because it was one of their best sellers. Richard got back to me this morning and confirmed that the Christmas albums are not included, and that UMG is the one running this entire project.

Remember, it's the hardcore fans that know about Offering; the general public barely knows about Ticket To Ride, let alone Offering. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Ticket cover art. The total price does seem low ($15 per LP). I also wouldn't be surprised if they simplify the art reproductions on some of the others; possibly forfeiting envelope flaps and gatefold covers.

Will we be able to buy this in the UK? I noticed its not on Amazon UK unless I just can't find it.

The more I think about this the more pessimistic I’m feeling, I very much doubt we will get anything that is outstandingly put together at $180!. It’s bound to be a slipcase arrangement for that price, without anything super special for us to drool over in advance - but then again we could be pleasantly surprised.
There has never been a Carpenters release of such a magnitude Vinyl wise but I think it will have corners cut here there and everywhere.

The more I think about this the more pessimistic I’m feeling, I very much doubt we will get anything that is outstandingly put together at $180!. It’s bound to be a slipcase arrangement for that price, without anything super special for us to drool over in advance - but then again we could be pleasantly surprised.
There has never been a Carpenters release of such a magnitude Vinyl wise but I think it will have corners cut here there and everywhere.

I hope its lovely or I may become as depressed as you are. God forbid. I'm delighted all the while.

I hope its lovely or I may become as depressed as you are. God forbid. I'm delighted all the while.

I’m not depressed please don’t think I am!, I just have been waiting for something like this for so long and now it’s finally here I can’t help but ponder it’s contents. Obviously any release is welcome but for me leaving certain things out ( potentially ) is disheartening. Pessimism isn’t depression or is it!. I’m currently sat in a bar in Bruges drinking their lovely beers ( whilst reading this post ) and I’ve never felt happier.

Thanks Wayne I will keep looking.

Just a though as I'm definately not a knowledgable Carpenters fan but could this set be a bit of a taster and Richard is saving something special for the 50th?

Thanks Wayne I will keep looking.

Just a though as I'm definately not a knowledgable Carpenters fan but could this set be a bit of a taster and Richard is saving something special for the 50th?

That’s a very good point Sue maybe Richard is letting Universal have their way and keeping the incredibly stuff for another day?. Who knows. But I love to think what you say could be true perhaps?.

Reactions: Sue
With no one yet knowing what this package looks like what are we all envisaging it will look like?, would be interesting to get opinions. I’ll start the ball rolling.

12 albums all with single slip sleeves , no lavish foldout covers or flaps. Printed inner sleeves , copies of the original centre labels , paper back booklet and outer slip box to slide these albums into, that’s my opinion.

With no one yet knowing what this package looks like what are we all envisaging it will look like?, would be interesting to get opinions. I’ll start the ball rolling.

12 albums all with single slip sleeves , no lavish foldout covers or flaps. Printed inner sleeves , copies of the original centre labels , paper back booklet and outer slip box to slide these albums into, that’s my opinion.
At the price this set will be selling for, I think that all we can expect is a budget release. So, I agree that the sleeves will likely be missing the gatefolds and flaps. I also doubt that the disks themselves will be audiophile grade. They may be pressed on 180g vinyl, but will likely be sourced from the remastered classics CD's. I hope I'm wrong.

Above and beyond the concerns already mentioned, I would be nervous to receive so fragile a shipment. I shudder to think of how heavy it would be; and even if marked "Fragile", it might get quite a tossing in the warehouse and delivery truck(s). Does anyone here have experience receiving a record shipment of this magnitude?

I had thought I might have to spend more. If these turn out to be budget versions and I purchase, then if something really cool comes out, I won’t want up spend the money.

I’m buying Collected on white vinyl. I guess I’ll waut until I see the pics and descriptions of this vinyl set.
Jonathan

I don't see a flap on the tan album, although NOW & THEN, PASSAGE and SINGLES look to have gatefolds.

Just an observation, but the picture looks to be a digitally created image by the company to showcase the set and not an actual photograph of the physical product itself. Which makes me wonder if there may be flaps or textures, etc. that aren't visible in the picture?

Just an observation, but the picture looks to be a digitally created image by the company to showcase the set and not an actual photograph of the physical product itself. Which makes me wonder if there may be flaps or textures, etc. that aren't visible in the picture?
I agree with Chris, this looks like a digitally created photo, look at the created shadow effect from the large collector box. I'd wait for other real life pictures. It looks like no original Offering LP. I'll wait for more information before placing my order but it's looking like a budget type mass release which makes me glad I placed my order for the white vinyl limited edition of Collected.

It's a nice teaser to see the Singles 69-73 LP yet I keep saying to myself....I have already own 2 of the original's, then I have Quad LP and then I have the Audiophile LP and something tells me nothing is going to top my Audiophile LP of Singles 1969-1973. My Audiophile LP is probably one of my most prized Lp's in my collection, whisper quite, warm and inviting in sound, never tire of hearing that one.

As one who prefers digital, I would still love to hear the Quad and Audiophile LP’s and would probably buy those re-released! I get excited just typing this text at the thought!

I'm feeling the excitement as a newer fan. A release that I can get brand new to support my favorite artist. I have almost all of the vinyl, so I don't feel much need for the box set. But there may be a "Lovelines" LP with my name on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom