cover1.jpg

The rest of the covers are linked here:

http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover1.jpg
http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover2.jpg
http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover3.jpg
http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover4.jpg
http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover5.jpg

http://www.um3.jp/img/usr/item/07049/cover6.jpg

Mine arrived last evening. Everything is as everyone has said, but I noticed the publishing date on the CD’s is 2016! Have they been sitting ready to go for the entire year, or was the release delayed from last year.

I used to have a japanese edition of Sweet Memory. Bought that mainly because of the cd artwork. Thought they were so nice. Later sold my collection. I wouldn't buy this one. Cd covers are really lame. I'll keep my eyes opened to see if a first issue of Sweet Memory appears on any online site.

other than ANOTHER SONG, are there other remixes that have not been previously offered?

There is one other remix from 94' "One Love" and it appears for the first time on this set.
While not technically a remix, the lead in count on "Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing" is also removed, leaving a clean open which I feel gives the song a more polished studio sound.

Got my copy. The box on the other side has the photos of the other studio albums, Each disc is an a sealed slim line case. I wish the outside box reflected the modern and sleekness of the slimline cases. The insert is a booklet like Sweet Memory's.

My copy arrived the other day too. The outer box and booklet cover are both made of very glossy material, like a Kodak print. Interior pages are also glossy. Early pages are devoted to the track lists and Richard's brief notes - identical to the SWEET MEMORY notes. The balance of the 100-page booklet contains the lyrics in Japanese and English.

Discs are housed in the Euro-style "single" jewel cases, the ones that allow for the card-insert to show through the small spine.

Audio is identical to the SWEET MEMORY set, likely digital clones. Indeed, when I popped the first disc into my computer, it read it as a SWEET MEMORY disc. That usually happens with digitally-identical discs.

I've raved before about SWEET MEMORY - the sonics and the sequencing - and I'd have to give this new set a hearty recommendation too, for those who've not found a SWEET MEMORY set. Yeah, the artwork is plainer, but it also takes up much less shelf space! The terrific "Another Song" remix is here, as is the initial appearance of the "One Love" remix.

I've added the new artwork into the Resource under each disc in the SWEET MEMORY series.

The terrific "Another Song" remix is here, as is the initial appearance of the "One Love" remix.

Yes, and to address a question someone else had about the tune, I believe the One Love remix is also found on Carpenters Perform Carpenter as well in case anyone is looking for it.

Harry I'm surprised you purchased this set twice?

Well, it was touch and go there for awhile. I wasn't sure about it but decided that it was a good enough set to justify a doubling up. Plus, I like the change to plainer and colorful artwork, so it seems like a different set.

And it's not the first time I've doubled up on a something like this. It also didn't cost nearly what I paid for SWEET MEMORY.

As I have voiced before, I like the remixes as a companion to the original. I now have one exception. The Clancy tune is full of noise on the original and this remix is super quiet with all noticeable vocal tracked harmonies included from the original version. I have listened to it repeatedly. I really enjoy Let Me Be The One, which should have been a single right before Hurting Each Other.

I have always tooted a horn for Road Ode’s remix and it is most of my reasoning for wanting this set, plus everyone has claimed it’s superior quality.

Here are some personal observations:

The Passage selections seemed to be equed with much added treble to such a degree that I have to adjust my settings when I play them or it hurts my ears it’s so high. Not bright and clear, but high and almost harsh. The original album version (mastering) of Bwana She No Home seems to be the mix used in this set: with better stereo separation and slight reverb overall, but again pushed on the treble, which can be easily modified while listening, which makes this track come alive! I really like the subtle touch to I Just Fall In Love Again!

There is also a slight adjustment on the Horizon tracks. It’s not good or bad, just different, like listening through an alternate brand of speakers in the same level of quality. It seems each album has its own common edits in sound, probably due to the original different mastering from each album.? Maybe someone who knows more can explain it better. It could also be my receiver in Dolby delivery.

This is a great set and of course a few of my favorites are still missing, but it’s a very strong selection of tunes with good clarity all around. One great attraction is that I can make a playlist of my favorite remixes and originals and set my own EQ taste per song. For example, the remixes Richard made in the 2000’s are better to me than some of the versions represented here, such as Top Of The World and Superstar, so now I can choose those I prefer and mix them with some I never before heard and incorporate them in one special playlist.

All of these observations and preferences are my own, and not tested as Harry does by importing the song into software, or as Chris explains with his understanding of a sound technician from the 70’s in relation to today’s techniques or by asking Richard, so don’t trust me, and listen for yourself. Sometimes, critical listening can make the song feel new again!

It is well worth the purchase price and I am extremely happy to own it!!

My copy arrived the other day too. The outer box and booklet cover are both made of very glossy material, like a Kodak print. Interior pages are also glossy. Early pages are devoted to the track lists and Richard's brief notes - identical to the SWEET MEMORY notes. The balance of the 100-page booklet contains the lyrics in Japanese and English.

Discs are housed in the Euro-style "single" jewel cases, the ones that allow for the card-insert to show through the small spine.

Audio is identical to the SWEET MEMORY set, likely digital clones. Indeed, when I popped the first disc into my computer, it read it as a SWEET MEMORY disc. That usually happens with digitally-identical discs.

I've raved before about SWEET MEMORY - the sonics and the sequencing - and I'd have to give this new set a hearty recommendation too, for those who've not found a SWEET MEMORY set. Yeah, the artwork is plainer, but it also takes up much less shelf space! The terrific "Another Song" remix is here, as is the initial appearance of the "One Love" remix.

I've added the new artwork into the Resource under each disc in the SWEET MEMORY series.

Mr. Harry has some photos of his copy, I would like to see how they look in reality. Regards:wave:

Mine arrived for my xmas present. I basically spent 120 for the oldies medley minus Tony and the Another Song Remix. I got the latter but not the former.

Gutted

Neil

The oldies medley without the DJ is found on the Readers Digest set.

The oldies medley without the DJ is found on the Readers Digest set.
Yes, although it is split up into separate tracks, it is great to hear without the comments. I do wish they'd removed the sound effects as well. It would be great to have clean tracks.

I actually do love the Reader's Digest collection too. It is a cool way to hear the songs in, yet, a different light.

Ohh, now I'm listening for the first time in awhile, to Reader's Digest, and there are no sound effects. I must be thinking of the live versions. Pleasantly surprised. Weird. Ahh, the details. .

Back
Top Bottom