🎄 Holidays! EXCLUSIVE! Merry Christmas, Darling: Carpenters Public TV Special and DVD

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...will there be a Christmas Memories 2 and would you buy it?

That would be a thrill, but I doubt that would ever happen unless we'd get a repackaging of the same material at some point. It took so many years for even this video collection to be released as it is. I feel that Richard included the very best from the Christmas Specials. The remaining clips would not make a strong enough version as a sequel, unless it was a non holiday video and included things from their very first special in '76 and Space Encounters, etc.

If there is a Memories 2 I would definitely get it. Even DVD-quality video is better than the VHS-SLP uploads that you see on YouTube.

Although as a fan who was not around when the specials aired, I really hope that a Memories 2 would include both specials in their full length.

Either wait for your PBS station to air the special, contact them directly, or go the used market on eBay or other auction sites.

It's never been released as a regular-issue item in stores.

Either wait for your PBS station to air the special, contact them directly, or go the used market on eBay or other auction sites.

It's never been released as a regular-issue item in stores.
Thank you ! Years ago Richard was on a pbs tv live program and answered question sent in ahead of time from fans. My question was will a collection of just the Christmas music videos (ie without the comedy parts ) ever be released . Richard read out my question on the program (and said my name), and answered that it might happen one day. And when it did finally happen - I missed it !!

I know this is a really old thread but I ran across this tv guide promotional ad from The Dorothy Hamill Special that aired March 02, 1977 on ABC. All I can say is what a night that would have been...Carpenters at 7:00...John Denver at 8:00 and Barry Manilow at 9:00
In the words of Olivia from the tv movie, A Mom For Christmas..."I wanna go back" :laugh:

YUiqusE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom