šŸ“£ News AP interview with Richard on "The Vinyl Collection"

Mike Cidoni Lennox

Thought youā€™d enjoy a look at the text version of my interview with Richard for ā€œThe Vinyl Collection,ā€ published today.

(A Carpenters collector since 1970, Iā€™ve been a full-time AP entetainment reporter for 15 years, and a fan of A&M Corner since its birth, BTW.)

A short video version of the interview may be found online, and a much-longer video will move next week.

Enjoy!

Mike

Carpenters returns with vinyl remasters of hit albums

MODERATOR EDIT: The complete video available here: US Richard Carpenter | AP Archive

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought youā€™d enjoy a look at the text version of my interview with Richard for ā€œThe Vinyl Collection,ā€ published today.

(A Carpenters collector since 1970, Iā€™ve been a full-time AP entetainment reporter for 15 years, and a fan of A&M Corner since its birth, BTW.)

A short video version of the interview may be found online, and a much-longer video will move next week.

Enjoy!

Mike

Carpenters returns with vinyl remasters of hit albums

Great interview Mike!

Your interview has only made me more excited for this release. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing more.

Mike, that photo of you and Richard next to his piano Richard holding the Offering album, is that your album or Richard's? It looks in perfect condition and trust me that Offering album is very hard to come by in that condition as most exhibit ring wear or acid wash after all these years.
Great photo by the way!!

Not sure how to link it here but here is your twitter where folks here can see it.

Media Tweets by Mike Cidoni Lennox (@CidoniLennox) | Twitter

Mike, that photo of you and Richard next to his piano Richard holding the Offering album, is that your album or Richard's? It looks in perfect condition and trust me that Offering album is very hard to come by in that condition as most exhibit ring wear or acid wash after all these years.
Great photo by the way!!

Not sure how to link it here but here is your twitter where folks here can see it.

Hereā€™s the picture for those of you unfamiliar with Twitter:

fwKVFJA.jpg

That cartoon behind Richard looks like it was done especially for him, if you look at the wording... :)

This is also the room where Richard has done most of his TV interviews from over the last 10 years or so.

The longform version of the video interview was posted today. Hope the link works. (Tip: Watch on a desktop. Playback on phones, tablets is dodgy. If it doesnā€™t work, Iā€™ll ask I.T. people for an alternative.)
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Mike

US Richard Carpenter | AP Archive

Just a fantastic interview Mike, chock-full of b-roll and pics! Great look into Richard's creative home environment.

I love the beginning....the 'record manufacturing process' and Those Good Old Dreams....
Looks as if the door was left open for "another Anniversary,"
when Richard was asked why the Christmas Portrait was not included in this collection.....(@3 min)

Thank you Mike, that was wonderful!
Great to see Richard's own record collection and to even spot an album I own too (Stephen Stills from 1970) :cool:

Greg

Wow, amazing interview!! Thank you Richard for this fantastic interview and a look into your collection. Mike thanks for this special interview and allowing us to see the extra's. It has answered a lot of my questions about this new Vinyl Box Set. I love seeing Richard actually holding the LP Box Set. It's really going to make getting this in my own hands extra special. Wow, he has the speakers that heard the original Close To You and listened to these test pressing through the same speakers, if anyone knows how these should sound he does. I can't wait to get this set, tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Thanks again, love this!!

Gotta love it, too--a record collection that rivals his car collection. :D

Back
Top Bottom