📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like all I'm doing is complaining on tis forum because I got a few bad copies in my 12 Lp set but I ordered the Collected 2 Lp set on White viny anyway. It was The only one on Ebay I could find in the USA (The bulk of the white ones are still in Holland). Well, It was actually shipped to me early and I never received it. I called my local UPS place where it was scanned but they somehow lost it. The 12 Lp set was lost in the regular US mail. What is going on ?!!!! A friend of mine said it's because I have too many Carpenter's Lps already !!
Karen

The ten review(er)s on Amazon are quite discouraging--especially this :
Dec 18, "This box set is defective and Amazon should stop selling it."
Here is the Star-Rating distribution as of December 21....
priced today at $152 brand new, free shipping:
5-star, 30%
4,10%
3,10%
2,20%
1,30%

Thanks to Sue for letting me know about the price drop for the box set, no brainier now to order from the U.K. and take a risk!!. Happy Christmas.

I guess it’s a lottery with these sets though, like Christmas you never know what your going to get until you open it!!.
Thanks to Sue for letting me know about the price drop for the box set, no brainier now to order from the U.K. and take a risk!!. Happy Christmas.
Hi Wayne, I had same issues you did with Spin. I've not asked for a refund though as they said they may get more stock in January.

I was wondering if you had ordered it yet? If so where from, as I can still only see it on Amazon for £320 - which I cannot justify spending (and don't think I'd be allowed tbh ).

Hi Wayne, I had same issues you did with Spin. I've not asked for a refund though as they said they may get more stock in January.

I was wondering if you had ordered it yet? If so where from, as I can still only see it on Amazon for £320 - which I cannot justify spending (and don't think I'd be allowed tbh ).

I bought it from here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076...collection&dpPl=1&dpID=51UaotouG6L&ref=plSrch

Amazingly it worked out cheaper than Spins price, regarding Spin id 100% ask for a refund from them as they are charlatans at best!!, they won’t be getting any stock in they told me so on the phone.

If you have the Amazon app on you tablet or phone you will have to type it in manually as it defaults to the U.K. Amazon website in the USA Amazon.com it’s currently only $133 which is really good value!.

Finally finished listening to all the records. Some surface noise on a few, that disappeared once the song began. Now & Then and Lovelines are PERFECT. The vinyl on Lovelines is the same as the others. There is only once skip - on Only Yesterday, but I can see no surface damage. There are pops on At The End of A Song - ironically at the end of the song. Will try and clean both of these more, to see if it helps. Listening to vinyl once again, took me way back. What an experience!

Received another "Horizon" (as a Christmas gift) and was happy to find an actual Horizon LP inside this time :) ...played just fine.

Noticed that a reviewer on Amazon criticized the "A Song for You" included with this set as having the single version of "Top of the World" rather than the original LP track. Sorry, that's wrong. Unlike at least one CD of ASFY that I've purchased, the 2017 vinyl is true to the 1972 release.

Happy holidays, fellow Carp fans.

Received another "Horizon" (as a Christmas gift) and was happy to find an actual Horizon LP inside this time :) ...played just fine.

Noticed that a reviewer on Amazon criticized the "A Song for You" included with this set as having the single version of "Top of the World" rather than the original LP track. Sorry, that's wrong. Unlike at least one CD of ASFY that I've purchased, the 2017 vinyl is true to the 1972 release.

Happy holidays, fellow Carp fans.
No, the version of Top of the World in ASFY is the original one (I specially checked that). However, the version of Yesterday Once More in N&T is the one originally included in The Singles. It’s a pity...

I decided not to get the box set for a few reasons, mostly the price and that I have them all in great condition.

The only one I didn't have on vinyl was Lovelines which I got for Christmas. It came from Amazon (UK). It was in great condition, completely clean and not a single scratch or mark. The hole was cut perfectly and it sounds great too. It even came with an MP3 download voucher which I'm guessing is a UK only thing. Overall I have no problems with it, not a single one.

The box set is now only $122 on Amazon , what a bargain price that is. I ordered it at 132 and thought that was a bargain but now it’s a no brainier purchase!.

Why does the price change on Amazon USA but almost never on Amazon UK? Its still very expensive in UK!

@Simon KC1950

received my brand new `now & then` a couple of days ago, well chuffed.
I wanted to leave it sealed and un-touched, but at the same time, because of all the issues with these albums, I feel I should open it to check it. :rolleyes:

I would too if I were buying it, honestly. Even if you decided to re-sell it, someone might just get mad at you because of defects they'd find. If you mean to keep it anyway, why not open it?

Ed

Why does the price change on Amazon USA but almost never on Amazon UK? Its still very expensive in UK!

I find that amazing also still At £317 in the Uk (three times the price in the USA at this time, which is beyond my comprehension). I’ve bought two of them from the USA for £60 less than buying 1 box over here, ridiculous I know. that’s with £60 import charges included and postage, if I was in the USA it must be amazing to buy at such a low amount that’s $10 an album which is giving it away. And well worth the risk of getting the odd duff pressing. Reviews are improving on it.

Last edited:
After all the disappointment of ordering and not receiving my box set before Christmas, I am now over the moon to have been refunded by Spin today AND tonight ordering from Amazon US. With postage and import charges the set has cost less than Spin were supposed to be supplying for at £115. Even with the possibility of defects, I am once again on the ceiling with excitement!!!!!!

I received "Lovelines" over the holidays-- my only complaint is that the edges are rather sharp. Only slight surface noise on some tracks (at least on side 1). Compared to my other LPs, that's fair. I'm happy enough to keep it.

After all the disappointment of ordering and not receiving my box set before Christmas, I am now over the moon to have been refunded by Spin today AND tonight ordering from Amazon US. With postage and import charges the set has cost less than Spin were supposed to be supplying for at £115. Even with the possibility of defects, I am once again on the ceiling with excitement!!!!!!

Hi, just wondering how you managed to get your refund from Spin? I've sent several stern msgs through their website but to no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated Would love to get the collection from Amazon US once I have my money back. Thanks

Hi, just wondering how you managed to get your refund from Spin? I've sent several stern msgs through their website but to no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated Would love to get the collection from Amazon US once I have my money back. Thanks
Hi, it's taken my other half a couple of phone calls and an email to get it refunded. That said, I may be being slightly premature as it hasn't landed on the account as yet! Time will tell. I would definitely give them a ring though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom