Displaying.

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

no doubt there is a thread somewhere about whether anyone does this, but I was just interested in whether anyone uses these, an 8 album hanging sleeve pocket. I have my carpenters stuff displayed everywhere in the living room, but decided to buy one of these hangers the other day as they seem to be popular. believe it or not, they actually make these things to take around 70 albums and cover a whole wall.
anyway, anyone else use these or anything else to display your albums?

010.jpg

I use my computer screen for any "displaying" tendencies that I might have. Currently I've rotated back to a Baja Marimba Band theme with their picture from HEADS UP as my Windows wallpaper, and a rotating set of Baja album covers as a screensaver.

That kind of thing can be done for any artist or any kind of theme that you want.

no doubt there is a thread somewhere about whether anyone does this, but I was just interested in whether anyone uses these, an 8 album hanging sleeve pocket. I have my carpenters stuff displayed everywhere in the living room, but decided to buy one of these hangers the other day as they seem to be popular. believe it or not, they actually make these things to take around 70 albums and cover a whole wall.

010.jpg
When and where was that “Only Yesterday” album released?

^^The MIA Poster was offered through the official Carpenters' Fan Club.
Happily, I have one.....

I`m glad you posted that, because when I bought it, I was told it was a bus stop poster from the states, so it`s nice to know where it really came from now, thank you :)

appreciate the comments guys, but I`m a little surprised as well, because I expected on a forum of this size, to see guys with much bigger collections, which is why I started the thread really, because I`d love to see them :)
it does also go through my hallway (not sure what other countries call it) but it`s mainly framed prints, framed magazine stuff etc.
you may notice my avatar. last year, I sold a carpenters album I had, to the guy who did the artwork for the book `SOME KIND OF LONELY CLOWN`, Stewart Marshall.
he messaged me one day to say he`d been after this album for ages and I just mentioned I was a collector and fan of their stuff and he sent me 3 beautiful prints he`d made up for the book, one of which is my avatar and went on the back cover, but the other two he never used.
and I still haven't read the book :sad:

LOVE that MIA promo poster. Where did that originate from?

as I mention above, I was told it was a bus stop poster, but clearly isn't now. I think I paid £50 for that, it has a few `fold` lines in it, but is otherwise superb. the `only yesterday` poster is pristine, but can`t remember what I paid for that.

appreciate the comments guys, but I`m a little surprised as well, because I expected on a forum of this size, to see guys with much bigger collections, which is why I started the thread really, because I`d love to see them :)

There are some fans on here with quite big collections, just not sure whether they adorn their walls :). I’ve got lots of memorabilia from their heyday like tour programs and posters, a KC solo album poster as well as lots of Japanese rarities but I’ve just never gotten round to framing them.

Just wow, what an amazing collection. Clearly, a ton of thought went into how things are displayed. Did you do it yourself?

010.jpg

Where'd you get the hanging pockets? I'm intrigued... :)

Ed

I find this really inspirational to see, I guess a lot of people have large collections of Carpenters material but not a lot of people can get away with displaying them to this astoundingly superb degree. I really think it’s great that people can though. Even though the Carpenters are probably my favourite artist apart from Sinatra I personally like to keep whatever I have in record boxes and the like. But I do Love to see Collections and appreciate people who can go that extra mile like Carpenters-Collector has.

I do suppose though that it can get addictive, when someone has something that you don’t I guess it can become really difficult not to pay “over the odds” and buy something your collection doesn’t include?.

Last edited:
I do suppose though that it can get addictive, when someone has something that you don’t I guess it can become really difficult not to pay “over the odds” and buy something your collection doesn’t include?.

that`s one thing I`ve never done and made a point of not being silly, I`ll pay what I`m prepared to pay and that`s it, I won`t go crazy. case in point, are the 30th & 40th anniversary sets, I`d love to have those in my collection ( genuine one`s) but prices are just silly, so for the moment, I don`t have those (apart from my fake set ).
I just think it`s a shame to see stuff hid away and everyone that comes in here loves it and knows who she is. I don`t play every single item I have, but I do listen to them at least a couple of times a week and I do enjoy looking at this stuff, so why not I say :D

I just think it`s a shame to see stuff hid away and everyone that comes in here loves it and knows who she is. I don`t play every single item I have, but I do listen to them at least a couple of times a week and I do enjoy looking at this stuff, so why not I say :D

All power to you, that must have took a lot of dedication to get together, I’ve looked at the pictures and see many of the LPs I have!, and I think to myself “I’ve got that too!”. My collection is pretty modest by comparison no posters , 8 Track etc etc. But I have my cd boxed sets and vinyl and I’m content. Is that photo on your wall a genuine signed promo piece or a photostat?. I wanted to bid on the autographed contract that sold on eBay last evening but it went for over £400!, and the seller wouldn’t send abroad Grrr!! ( not that I could afford it anyways ). I think sometimes that there must be lots of contracts stuck in drawers or cupboards or filing cabinets doing absolutely nothing, what I’d give for one of those! - but sadly not over £450 as I cannot hope to afford that l!.

guys, i have an album in my `normal` vinyl collection, that i hadn't seen before this one came for sale and haven't seen for sale since, anyone know anything about it please?
U.K release.

014.jpg

015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom