January 2017 Remembrances

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
R.I.P. notices for January are posted below.

Singer Peter Sarstedt ("Where Do You Go (My Lovely)?" as well as "You Are My Life" (also done by Herb Alpert on the 1969 album "The Brass Are Comin'") has died of progressive supranuclear palsy at 75 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Singer Maggie Roche (from the New Jersey girl trio The Roches) has died of cancer at 65 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Sad to hear of this. I remember a great "buzz" about the first WB album called THE ROCHES. Our corporate programming guy was eager to get a copy and give it a listen. He was a big "folkie" type and loved it when folk-type artists crossed over into the mainstream.

I managed to grab a copy too, took it home, gave it a listen, and then filed it away.

A few years later, I revisited it and found it way more pleasing, particularly "The Hammond Song". All of the tracks on the album were recorded live in studio.

Maggie Roche had an amazing deep voice, essentially handling the bass for the trio. I nevere explored further, but sometime in the last year or two, I did a pretty decent needledrop of the album.

RIP Maggie Roche

Drummer Butch Trucks of The Allman Brothers Band has died at 69 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Singer John Wetton (King Crimson & Asia) has died of cancer at 67 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Here's an absolutely flawless live version of "Hammond Song"

Back
Top Bottom