"For What It's Worth" (single mix) - and Karen slideshow

TulitaPepsi

The rare, 45 single mix of "For What It's Worth" has recently been posted. To my knowledge, it has never been on and album or CD so many fans may be unfamiliar with it. The changes are subtle - Karen's vocals are clearer , Sergio's funky organ solo is pushed to the front and it has a slightly harder 'edge' than the STILLNESS version. Given a choice, I prefer this one! The uploader has illustrated it with a nifty slideshow of portraits of Karen from various albums, promo photos and video clips.

Notice the UK release of Ye Me Le in one shot (with the different title). I have that album cover framed in my office. Love the painting (Sergio posted an Instagram pic of him standing in front of the original a few months ago).

I like this mix too. Totally different vocal take. I'm surprised that it's THAT much different from the LP version.

Does anybody know what the first and last portraits of Karen are from? The first is sexy Karen with a cocktail giving a fellow a flirty, sultry smile. The last picture is the most beautiful of them all. Her hair isn't combed and she looks so fresh-faced and contemporary.

If you're talking about the shot at circa 3:53, that's from M*A*S*H--she's looking at Alan Alda.

Thanks, Jeff! The last picture comes up first on the YouTube Screen 'image'.
Love the black-and-white shot at 3:37.

Back
Top Bottom