🎡 AotW Breathe ALL THAT JAZZ (A&M SP 5163)

LPJim

Staff member
1 Jonah Producer [Additional Production] – Paul Staveley O'Duffy Remix – Bob Kraushaar 3:37
2 All That Jazz Remix – Bob Kraushaar 4:12
3 Monday Morning Blues 3:58
4 Hands To Heaven 4:19 ....... #2
5 All This I Should Have Known 3:49
6 Don't Tell Me Lies 3:42 ........ # 10
7 Any Trick 4:01
8 Liberties Of Love Recorded By [Additional], Mixed By [Additional] – Chris Porter 3:32
9 Won't You Come Back? 6:00
10 For Love Or Money 3:39
11 How Can I Fall?Engineer – John Gallen Mixed By – Michael Brauer* 4:44 .... # 3

This album was recorded from June 1985 to July 1987, made in London England and mastered at C.B.S. Studios.
Published by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd except track 8 published by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd/Schogger Songs Ltd.

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on June 4, 1988
Charted for 51 weeks and peaked at # 34

Issued on CD by Siren in 1988
Deluxe edition released by Cherry Red in 2013

JB

Last edited:
The songs "Hands To Heaven" was kept from # 1 by Steve Winwood "Roll With It" in August of 1988 Billboard Hot 100 Charts. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

1 Jonah Producer [Additional Production] – Paul Staveley O'Duffy Remix – Bob Kraushaar 3:37
2 All That Jazz Remix – Bob Kraushaar 4:12
3 Monday Morning Blues 3:58
4 Hands To Heaven 4:19 ....... #2
5 All This I Should Have Known 3:49
6 Don't Tell Me Lies 3:42 ........ # 10
7 Any Trick 4:01
8 Liberties Of Love Recorded By [Additional], Mixed By [Additional] – Chris Porter 3:32
9 Won't You Come Back? 6:00
10 For Love Or Money 3:39
11 How Can I Fall?Engineer – John Gallen Mixed By – Michael Brauer* 4:44 .... # 3

This album was recorded from June 1985 to July 1987, made in London England and mastered at C.B.S. Studios.
Published by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd except track 8 published by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd/Schogger Songs Ltd.

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on June 4, 1988
Charted for 51 weeks and peaked at # 34

Issued on CD by Siren in 1988
Deluxe edition released by Cherry Red in 2013

JB

You left out Michael Delahunty - group member and bass player on all tracks.

Ed

TheFunkyFateTation: Nope, Eric Carmen "Make Me Lose Control" was at # 3, Breathe "Hands To Heaven" was at # 2 & Steve Winwood "Roll With It" was at # 1 back on August 13, 1988 on Billboard Hot 100 Charts. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

By the way on August 13, 1988, that was the late Casey Kasem last show on "American Top 40" radio. Announcer Shadoe Stevens replaced Casey on August 20 show. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

TheFunkyFateTation: Nope, Eric Carmen "Make Me Lose Control" was at # 3, Breathe "Hands To Heaven" was at # 2 & Steve Winwood "Roll With It" was at # 1 back on August 13, 1988 on Billboard Hot 100 Charts. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I had "How Can I Fall" on the brain. Of course, you're right. My bad.

Ed

I had the vinyl copy of this album, and it was 'ok'. But honestly, the two hits were the only songs that grabbed me.

Honestly, I don't remember "Don't Tell Me Lies". "Hands To Heaven" was pretty good, and "How Can I Fall" was monumental. But aside from those two, none of the other tracks were memorable... or at least not to me.

Honestly, I don't remember "Don't Tell Me Lies". "Hands To Heaven" was pretty good, and "How Can I Fall" was monumental. But aside from those two, none of the other tracks were memorable... or at least not to me.

I agree that "How Can I Fall" is the best of the three. The melody and chord changes are really nice. I've always liked it. "Hands to Heaven" is very nice too. "Don't Tell Me Lies" was their one uptempo thing and it worked pretty well. It showed Delahunty as a pretty good bass player.

This is the original video with Michael Delahunty in it. They did another one later when the song was re-released without him. He'd left the group by then, I believe. The new one is truly awful and makes zero sense. This is far better.

Ed

What happened to these guys? I loved this disc and the follow up.

I like the new version of the song video just as much, but thanks for posting the original. I had never seen it.

I thought David Glasper was great, with a voice similar to but stronger than George Michael.

Last edited:
Ok, I do recognize the chorus of "Don't Tell Me Lies". I had forgotten all about it. Pretty decent song, though. Better than I remembered!

A great album I still play. I like more of it than some of you seem to, but glad to see it mentioned.

Breathe released "Peace Of Mind" in 1991 with the song "Does She Love That Man" for radio airplay. That was it for Breathe though. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom