1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

2015/2016/2017 Reissues Available as Downloads

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by Captain Bacardi, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Steven J. Gross

Steven J. Gross Well-Known Member

..but after returning again to Amazon there are titles available for my Kindle- seems like a parallel Amazon download page, very strange...

2. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

Or, you pay more to download individual tracks than if you'd have downloaded the entire album in the first place. If it is an artist I like, I likely would take a chance on downloading a whole album vs. buying a track or two at a time.
    The Kindles have had some software updates in recent months--that could have had something to do with it.

toeknee4bz likes this.
  3. aymnostalgico

aymnostalgico Member

I received the twitter from the Alpert site about it, today. How interesting, Are all the TJB albums complete in CD format?

4. Captain Bacardi

Captain Bacardi Well-Known Member Moderator Thread Starter

Yes they are!

5. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

All the TJB albums, all the songs. Life is good! :D

Steven J. Gross likes this.
  6. toeknee4bz

toeknee4bz Active Member

Indeed, life IS good. And it has been a LONG time coming! I'm 47 years old, and I don't remember a time when ALL 16 TJB albums were available simultaneously.

Bobberman likes this.
  7. Bobberman

Bobberman Active Member

I agree im 49 myself and to me having all the TJB albums availible and in print is wonderfully "UNPRECIDENTED"! Indeed.

toeknee4bz likes this.
  8. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator

It is indeed unprecedented to have this many Herb Alpert albums all available at the same time. Even a scant ten years into the label's existence, a few of Herb's albums were already dropped from the catalog. Witness the 1972 compilation SOLID BRASS, which lists S.R.O., SOUNDS LIKE, HERB ALPERT'S NINTH, WARM, THE BRASS ARE COMIN', and SUMMERTIME as "(This album no longer available.)"

Indeed, the whole purpose of SOLID BRASS was likely to keep the *best* tracks from those albums out in the marketplace, while deleting the full albums that they're from. The surprise to me was always SUMMERTIME as it came out in 1971 and was deleted by 1972. And it's remained deleted for the last 43-44 years!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Bobberman likes this.
  9. Captain Bacardi

Captain Bacardi Well-Known Member Moderator Thread Starter

That was on the CD only. My LP did not have that "no longer available" on it.

Gotta disagree with you on that. I picked up Summertime in a record store the same day I got You Smile - The Song Begins a couple of weeks after release in 1974.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  10. Harry

Crap. You're right. I was looking at the CD version. The LP version doesn't state that. I've stricken my errant comments from the record.

I was confusing it with the LP version of GREATEST HITS VOLUME II that listed a bunch of tracks as being from either out-of-print albums or being from SOLID BRASS. Sorry about that. A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Bobberman and toeknee4bz like this.
  11. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

I was about to say, "Hey, I think MY Solid Brass had those "no longer available" notes on it, but then when you mention GH Vol. 2, I remember that was the one I was thinking of. (I'm nearing 60, so this type of thing is bound to happen more and more often...)

12. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

Feels like a confession/self-help group for the aging here. :D

Now what were we talking about again...?

toeknee4bz likes this.
  13. Harry

Richard Carpenter's cars - or something like that!

Murray, toeknee4bz and Rudy like this.
  14. Bobberman

Bobberman Active Member

[/QUOTE]
    I had a mid 80s vinyl reissue of Solid Brass A&M SP 3268 and it did list which albums as "No Longer availible" so although it didnt appear on the original vinyl issue it was added on subsequent reissues and carried over to the CD issue ( which i have today that replaced my worn vinyl copy)

15. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin