A Brazilian song reference in the new STAR WARS? (possible spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
We just came from a 9:30 AM showing of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, and I thought it was well done and it *felt* like STAR WARS. I like the new characters a lot and hope we get to see them in future sequels.

One of the oddities was the in the introduction of a new character where someone said the character's name:

Maz Kanata

Now, if you're just listening, you could swear that they introduced her as "Mas Que Nada"! Do we think this was intentional? Was a writer listening to a Brasil '66 record when the character was invented?

Harry

Finally saw it last night and when I heard that name I thought, " Wait. What did they say." I don't think that was an accident.

I have watched the movie twice but didn't catch that! I did hear the character's name but didn't make the connection.

Jeez I should have my Brasil '66 fan club card revoked for this.

I have my doubts it was intentional but you never know...Disney's movies are loaded with hidden pop culture references, although they are usually referring to other films from the same production arm, such as a Pixar movie featuring a hidden character from another Pixar movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom