A&M Corner Store (powered by Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
We're pleased to announce the addition of the A&M Corner Store to our site! The product selection is still under construction, but you will find many A&M-related items in our store as time goes on. The Store is powered by Amazon, so your purchases help support the ongoing costs of running A&M Corner and our associated sites.

Currently, we have our Herb Alpert area set up with our hand-picked selections; our Mendes and Carpenters areas are being worked on. We will be adding most of the classic A&M artists under the 60s and 70s categories as time allows.

You may see some categories like the Burt Bacharach, and the main Carpenters page, that are populated using an Amazon search result. We've done this as a convenience temporarily, until we can hand-pick specific recordings in the appropriate categories for the store. If you cannot find a specific music item, see our "All Music @ Amazon" category, which will let you search all music selections at Amazon. Or, click on the Shop at Amazon.com link under the search box to shop directly at Amazon.

In order for us to receive proper credit for sales, please allow cookies in your browser for amcorner.com and amazon.com. This tracking cookie lasts 24 hours and assures we get credit for your sale.

Checkout, payment and shipping is handled by Amazon, so you can be assured your order is handled efficiently.

Thanks for your past support, and we're hoping our new Store will serve you even better in the future! Our store is linked on our home page, all secondary pages, and at the top and bottom of all forum pages for your convenience.

We are pleased to announce that we now have affiliate links for Amazon's sites in Canada, the UK, and Japan. These each have unique links, which are:

Amazon Canada

Amazon UK

Amazon Japan

In the future, we will offer up separate aStores for these countries if they have unique items less expensive than those found at their US counterpart. In particular, Amazon Japan lists quite a few items that many A&M fans would love to get.

I've added the UK Amazon to 'my favourites'. I spend a small fortune at Amazon, so you should soon be a rich man...

I made a trial purchase a couple of minutes ago, don't know if you can verify that it went to plan...

Thanks! :wave: It takes a couple of days for it to appear on my reports, usually the day after the order ships. I'll check it the middle of this week.

The only problem I see with it being all through Amazon is that I'm wondering if this would preclude you from selling types of products they don't typically sell.

For example, I could see a market among A&M Corner fans for "A&M appreciation" T-shirts, mugs, etc, but Amazon doesn't seem like it would make sense for that kind of stuff. (Or would it?)

stefandaystrom said:
The only problem I see with it being all through Amazon is that I'm wondering if this would preclude you from selling types of products they don't typically sell.

For example, I could see a market among A&M Corner fans for "A&M appreciation" T-shirts, mugs, etc, but Amazon doesn't seem like it would make sense for that kind of stuff. (Or would it?)

CafePress is suitable for that kind of thing, but since we can't license the A&M logo anyway, and CafePress won't take orders for anything that uses a licensed logo or parody thereof, it's a moot point anyway. I've thought of designing a new logo just for this purpose, but it isn't worth it for the two or three persons on the planet who'd want something like this... :wink:

Aside from new vinyl releases, there is little that Amazon doesn't have.

Rudy said:
stefandaystrom said:

CafePress is suitable for that kind of thing, but since we can't license the A&M logo anyway, and CafePress won't take orders for anything that uses a licensed logo or parody thereof, it's a moot point anyway.
Really? Does that mean that radio stations "unlicense" their logos???

Look:

http://www.radiologoland.com/

They have t-shirts featuring the logos of oodles of radio stations from the past, but including ones that very much still exist (albeit with a different format now) on the same frequency with same call letters owned by the same company (well, there were mergers, but it wasn't an outright sale from one group to an unrelated one yet), such as 77 WABC New York.

But select W Stations there, then select WABC '80, and look at the URL you get for the catalog of choices with that logo:

http://www.cafepress.com/radiologoland/969496

So CafePress will let RadioLogoLand do actual WABC logos from 1980, but won't let you do a "parody" like the A&M Corner logo in the upper left of this page?

Rudy said:
CafePress is suitable for that kind of thing, but since we can't license the A&M logo anyway, and CafePress won't take orders for anything that uses a licensed logo or parody thereof, it's a moot point anyway.

It's nothing a little bit of judicious airbrushing wouldn't fix: :D

amcornershirt.png

stefandaystrom said:
So CafePress will let RadioLogoLand do actual WABC logos from 1980, but won't let you do a "parody" like the A&M Corner logo in the upper left of this page?

If RadioLogoLand has permission to use all those logos, they can sell them. If not, they're in violation of their terms of service, and could get their store shut down without prior notice.

Unfortunately, I've been through the fine print... :wink:

It's either that, or I do it and keep going until they shut us down, or I get the nasty letter from A&M to cease and desist. :D

Just a friendly reminder to use our A&M Corner link if you do any holiday shopping at Amazon. They're running some great deals right now on box sets, etc., and anything over $25 is shipped free. Don't forget, also, that we are affiliated with Amazon UK, JP and CA as well--links are on the Corner's home page.

Maybe this has already been answered somewhere, but can I also buy non-music items? In other words, is there any restriction on what items count?

I've got a men's cologne order coming up, and it will definitely be more than $25...

Captaindave said:
Maybe this has already been answered somewhere, but can I also buy non-music items? In other words, is there any restriction on what items count?.

Any item counts, even music and video downloads. Thanks!

Rudy said:
We are pleased to announce that we now have affiliate links for Amazon's sites in Canada, the UK, and Japan. These each have unique links, which are:

Amazon Canada

Amazon UK

Amazon Japan

In the future, we will offer up separate aStores for these countries if they have unique items less expensive than those found at their US counterpart. In particular, Amazon Japan lists quite a few items that many A&M fans would love to get.

Just a reminder that we have Amazon links for our overseas visitors! We do not currently have Amazon affiliate accounts with amazon.de (Germany), amazon.fr (France) or amacon.cn (aka joyo.com, China). If there is any interest in having us setup accounts in these countries, please let me know here in the thread.

Please note, also, that you can buy from any of the international Amazon locations, as long as you are aware of the exchange rate issues and the increased shipping cost.

Thanks!

A holiday shopping reminder: just about all Amazon products are available under our affiliate deal, which helps support this site. Things are very tough here at the Corner, so any help is appreciated, and will allow us to keep the site online for the coming months.

Thanks for your support!

Hey all! A not-so-subtle "bump" with the holidays coming up. Remember, there is no additional cost to shopping through our Amazon links, and we have links now in Canada, UK and Japan for residents of those countries, or others who like to order from overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom