A&M most collectable?

Chris Mills

That was funny....like the dark vomited up
12376859_10206189722924367_3680009339600872666_n.jpg
photo.php

The Baja Marimba band Lps are one of the Most Collectable A&M items( especially the non album singles) and there are a few TJB non album singles and other Alpert Produced singles and albums ( among others) that are quite rare nowadays. And they most likely will never see a digital release in any form. Which is in my opinion a Good reason to hold on to whatever you have as it seems to me they are getting more rarer every day.

A&M's 2nd LP is a rarity, especially in clean condition. Probably the most collectable that I own. However...

Spirits & Worm is probably the most notorious rarity, until the Sex Pistols came along. That one I do not have a copy of.

5120851.jpg

The *mono* copy (LP-9004) of DEE JAY SAMPLER (nicely packages all the Larry Levine mixes from, LONELY BULL to THIS GUY'S... singles); and, in my own tastes, SP-4268 of MIGUEL RIOS' album containing ODE TO JOY.

Because it was only released in Japan, an original vinyl of J..J. Johnson and Kai Winding's STONEBONE is also highly collectible. It would have been SP 3027 in the U.S. but the Japan # is '330.' It was the last of 3 A&M/CTI projects and the most improvisational. More straight jazz and less pop.

JB

Also really near mint condition original copies of the first few A&M LP issues on original or second label designs are rare birds. A&M began their real ascending to mass popularity when the Ochre label went from top Logo to Side Logo.

Isn't the Baja 45 "Wincle Lamoyan Coan" among the most collectable? And is there anyplace on the internet where I can hear a sample of this song?

How about a complete set of those astrology albums that were released in the early '70s? I found a few tracks from one of those on Youtube and ...well, let's just say they'll probably never get digitized.

How about a complete set of those astrology albums that were released in the early '70s? I found a few tracks from one of those on Youtube and ...well, let's just say they'll probably never get digitized.
The same can be said for a lot of one off A&M lps " Carroll o Connor's Remembering you" comes to mind as an example as well as the soundtrack to " Bless the beasts and The Children"

I had that one sadly I lost it but thankfully I preserved it on tape and eventually transferred all my tapes to digital including that one and I agree finding that one is impossible " Man That's Coffee"!

Back
Top Bottom