A Song For You: Music, Music, Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

I've always thought that piece at the opening of the special was just beautiful. Has it ever appeared on a disc? I do not think so.

It hasn't unfortunately, probably because it's part of a long orchestral piece which follows it as Richard and Karen introduced their TV special. It's a shame because it's gorgeous.

I agree Mark....and it's a live vocal by Karen, I sure wish there was more of this live vocal of her with Richard on piano.

While we are talking about MMM, check out this you tube video who he says was the editor for this event and the comments he placed about the audio. Why does this version sound so much brighter than the version on As Time Goes By?

"Karen & Richard along with Ella Fitzgerald & John Davidson sing the opening number for what was to be the last TV Special for The Carpenters. As editor for this event, Richard graciously sent me a remix IN STEREO of the entire special. A reminder: this is easily four years prior to the widespread use of stereo sound for television. You can see the video for this elsewhere on YouTube with the caveat that the uploads I've seen are about 3 to 5 frames out of sync."

I agree Mark....and it's a live vocal by Karen, I sure wish there was more of this live vocal of her with Richard on piano.

That piece is not sung live...it's pre-recorded like all the other tracks from MMM. You can hear the difference between Karen's mimed intro and when they start to speak. The audio level and quality of their 'live' spoken intro is not as rich as Karen's studio vocal.

I've always thought that piece at the opening of the special was just beautiful. Has it ever appeared on a disc? I do not think so.
...mstaft, you have probably already heard this outtake. If not, Karen was adorable. If need be, I will find the link.

That piece is not sung live...it's pre-recorded like all the other tracks from MMM. You can hear the difference between Karen's mimed intro and when they start to speak. The audio level and quality of their 'live' spoken intro is not as rich as Karen's studio vocal.

Your right, what I meant was because it's an alternate take of what we are so familiar with that it makes it appear to be live right there as we watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom