Side 2:
1) If Love Comes With It (B.Hilliard-A.Ross) 2:29
2) Wichita Lineman (Jim Webb) 3:05
3) Funny Girl (Styne-Merrill) 3:07
4) Baroque A Nova (Mason Williams) 2:21
5) Morgan Sebastian (C.Copeland-A.Copeland) 1:58

Producer: ADAM ROSS
With Special Thanks to:
Tenor Saxophone Solos, JOHN NEWSOME / Woodwinds, AL LASKY - JOHN SETAR - ETHMER ROTEN / Trumpets, LARRY McGUIRE - STEVE HUFFSTETTER - BUDDY CHILDERS - RAY TRISCARI - BOB O'DONNELL / Trombones, JIM SAWYER - PAUL KEEN - BOB ENEVOLDSON - RANDY ALDCROFT / Drums, COLIN BAILEY / Bass & Fender, MONTY BUDWIG / Guitar, JOE PASS - LARRY CARLTON / Piano, ROBERT SMALE / Electric Piano, TOMMY GUMINA / Percussionist, VICTOR FELDMAN / Art Director: TOM WILKES / Photography: GUY WEBSTER

It's interesting that this album credits the musicians who played, but as the album is credited to singers, those people are not credited. To my ears, this bunch sounds a lot like the infamous "Ron Hicklin Singers" who performed on all sorts of TV commercials, movie and TV theme songs, jingles, etc.

I never sought out nor purchased the LP, but grabbed the Japanese CD a few years ago - and I like the album. It pairs nicely with another A&M album from the era, HAPPY HEART by Nick De Caro.

Harry

I did once have this album & along w/ the Roger Nichols/Small Circle Of Friends & Chris Montez Foolin' Around LP's I'd bought in the same time-period, shortly after joining The 'Corner, found this outing to be a forerunner of the later Ray Conniff, Percy Faith et. al. material-wise, arrangement-wise, and sporting the vocals of Ron Hicklin, Tom & John Bahler, etc. whom the singers here greatly resemble...

Very accessible outing, fairly decent arrangements of a few good tunes (though mainly obscure ones--exclusively to Copeland this bunch) and if anything, could really stand at least a couple more songs to fill this out...

-- Dave

Back
Top Bottom