1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Official Review [Album]: "TIME" (SP 5117/CD 5117/DX 1687)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Nov 13, 2014.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ALBUM?

1. ***** (BEST)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. ****

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. ***

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. **

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. *

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator

Since 'SP 5117' is the next regular AOTW and is reviewed here I will move on to the next item later this week.

JB

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

In my neck of the woods, or, should I say, dust-bowl of the out-back, one of Richard's solo singles got regular airplay also. I can't remember now if it was 'Calling Your Name Again' or 'I'm Still In Love With You' but it was one of those. I'm fairly certain that it was 'I'm Still Not Over You'. I'm also fairly sure that I've seen a 7" of it, so I think it was a single, at least, in some places. For me, though, the pick of the songs on 'Time' is probably 'In Love Alone'. I think that this song would have suited Karen well and Dionne Warwick does a stellar job with it. I also like 'Something In Your Eyes'. (More echoes of Karen). 'When Time Was All We Had' is a touching tribute to Karen, although I probably don't like Richard's vocals a great deal. Btw, I don't live in the farming 'dust bowl' anymore, so, with cleaner ears, I can better enjoy music.

Bobberman likes this.
  3. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

If I'm Still Not Over You was released as a single in Australia it must not have had that many copies printed, since the only singles from Richard's Time album that I've aware of are Something In Your Eyes/Time (worldwide release), Who Do You Love?/When Time Was All We Had (Japan-only) & Time/Calling Your Name Again which was a US promo release.

toeknee4bz and Bobberman like this.
  4. Brian

Brian Active Member

If it was a single, it would have had VERY few copies printed. I've only got a feeling I've seen it somewhere, but I don't remember whether that was a hard copy or a photo online.

5. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

As far as I know, I'm Still Not Over You has also only been anthologized once, and that was on the A&M Composers CD from the late 1980's.