Album Trailers...

DeeInKY

There are album trailers on YouTube. Well, knock me over with a feather. I learned something today. Little two minute samples of the music. Interesting. :agree:

Cool about the trailers. :thumbsup:

EPKs have been popular for a while, but they go a little beyond trailers. Electronic press kits are typically sent to radio stations, retailers and concert promoters to hype an artist's latest release--this involves an email with a link to the video. Aside from clips from some of the tunes on an album, they interject with short snippets of interviews, or the artist(s) talking about the album. In the past, a press kit was a promo LP or CD, a press release letter, and occasionally a promo photo. One thing Warner labels did in the past was provide a press login so we could download scanned cover art from the release, as the promo CDs sent out had the gold "promo" stamping on the front.

Cool about the trailers. :thumbsup:

EPKs have been popular for a while, but they go a little beyond trailers. Electronic press kits are typically sent to radio stations, retailers and concert promoters to hype an artist's latest release--this involves an email with a link to the video. Aside from clips from some of the tunes on an album, they interject with short snippets of interviews, or the artist(s) talking about the album. In the past, a press kit was a promo LP or CD, a press release letter, and occasionally a promo photo. One thing Warner labels did in the past was provide a press login so we could download scanned cover art from the release, as the promo CDs sent out had the gold "promo" stamping on the front.
I've seen a few of these in my 22 years in radio one I remember most is the Squirell Nut Zippers big Album "Hot" which we all played to death ( and yes I did too) I still listen to it for old times sake .

Back
Top Bottom