1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Anyone planning on going to a concert?

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by DeeInKY, Mar 31, 2017.

1. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Just asking because there seems to be a good number of shows on the schedule now, and I just scored 2nd row tickets for Cincinnati. :goodie:

Rudy likes this.
  2. I plan on going. I hope he comes back to new England boston or here in new Hampshire. I would love the xfinity music hall again awsome venue well worth the 3 hours drive,

DeeInKY likes this.
  3. bob

bob Active Member

I wish Herb and Lani would come to cleveland ohio for those tri c jazz fests at our local colleges on the west side of cleveland

DeeInKY likes this.
  4. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Herb's touring again?

I was saving up for another concert this summer (Depeche Mode), but at nearly $250 per seat, that maaay not happen. :D I have a classical concert in Grand Rapids to attend in May but I'm not planning on any more this year.

DeeInKY likes this.
  5. Per the website:
    HerbTour.JPG

DeeInKY likes this.
  6. DeeInKY

I have to say the ticket prices are very reasonable. I paid more for one ticket to see Springsteen a couple years ago than for these two.

I've wanted to see Herb for 50 years and it has just never worked out for me before. I figure now is the time. :D

7. Mr Bill

Mr Bill Lego Master Model Builder Moderator

Wow! Looks like a terrific summer here in San Diego! The San Diego Symphony Orchestra's Bayside nights will feature Herb on July 6, Sergio on August 6! Plus a lot of other artists (Tony Bennett, Ozomatli, Dr. John, Boz Scaggs, The Commodores, and Latin Jazz Superstars).

Over at Humphrey's by the Bay (there's a few A&M connections here) we have Steely Dan, Willie Nelson, David Crosby, Brian Setzer, Sheryl Crow, Diane Schuur, Taj Mahal, King Crimson, Gordon Lightfoot, The Temptations, Chris Isaak, Huey Lewis, Diane Krall, The remains of the Turtles, the remains of The Monkees (Dolenz and Co.), Bryan Ferry, America, Doobie Bros, Dave Koz, Pink Martini, George Benson & Kenny G, Indigo Girls, and the Beach Boys!

--Mr Bill

DeeInKY likes this.
  8. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Concerts have gotten so outrageously priced in most cases, that I don't even bother watching for tickets most of the time. Those Depeche Mode tix will eat into my concert budget for about five years. :laugh:

This summer, I found out that Mrs. Elvis Costello Diana Krall is appearing in Ann Arbor in early June, and Jean-Luc Ponty is doing a limited set of gigs this summer entitled "The Atlantic Years" featuring a band made of some of his bandmates from that era: Jamie Glaser, guitars - Wally Minko, keyboards - Baron Browne, bass - Rayford Griffin, drums. I would presume the set list would feature his 70s output.

While it's not happening in this country, Ponty is also doing a trio gig with guitarist Bireli Lagrene, and bassist Kyle Eastwood--that is one I'd really like to catch (I am a fan of all three), but the airline tickets to France would be a bit prohibitive. :D

DeeInKY likes this.
  9. DeeInKY

Random thought - the Turtles and Monkees remnants could get together as the Zoo. Flo and Eddie and Mickey (unless Flo is still going by The Phlorescent Leech). :biglaugh:

It's late. I'm getting silly. :nut:

10. David S

David S Active Member

Still think he would do well at the Bass Hall here in Fort Worth. Pretty good acoustics, as I know for which Mr Alpert is keen.