1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Anyone read this?

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by ullalume, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Decades Network Brings Back Ed Sullivan:

"The Best of The Ed Sullivan Show
    will highlight select performances and Ed Sullivan bits taken from the most memorable milestones of The Ed Sullivan Show. Presenting two 30-minute episodes each weekday in three convenient time periods, every show features a “who’s who” of pop culture icons, entertainers and performers, including The Rolling Stones,
    The Jackson 5, Judy Garland, Carol Burnett, Harry Belafonte, Joan Rivers, The Carpenters, Tony Bennett, Lena Horne, George Carlin, Ella Fitzgerald, The Temptations, The Doors, Richard Pryor, Elvis Presley, Liza Minnelli, George Burns,
    The Beatles, and many more."

More:
    Decades Network Brings Back Ed Sullivan | TVNewsCheck.com

Brian and theninjarabbit like this.
  2. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

Aaaah! I was already going to watch this to try and catch the Beatles appearance, but if the Carpenters are on it, I'm sold. :D (hoping they actually appear and this isn't like Carol Burnett.)

3. "Decades" did not mention Karen's death date (Feb 4th) this year. I was disappointed. Considering that Karen was a major music star and the fact that her passing brought the whole anorexia issue to the spotlight, it seems to me she should have been recognized...This "network" seems to thrive on mentioning important dates in history, they did a whole segment on Madonna (I think it was her birthday), but they couldn't give a mention of Karen, or The Carpenters for that matter...

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

On a different topic, I've just joined imgur.com so am hoping to work out how to post some photos and articles, when I've got time. I hope any dummy can do it.....otherwise I won't be able to work it out.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Active Member

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

The above was my attempt to post an image. That didn't work, did it?

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

[​IMG] Carpenters Souvenir I'm making a bit of a hash of this. Here is a link to a photo I took this morning of 'Special Souvenir' book with pull-out poster, 36 pages, published by Phoebus Publishing, London, UK, around 1976, and also available in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa at the time.

This is my first attempt at posting links to my photos. I hope to make better posts and take better photos as I get more used to the whole thing.

Already attracting a not funny comment about eating on I imgur.com. Have to work out whether I can keep images private there and still link them to this forum.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  8. Brian

Brian Active Member

[​IMG] Carpenters Souvenir I was experimenting with my imgur.com post, above, and deleted the image on the link so am now creating another link. See above for a description. I hope this works.

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

10. Heh! Ansett Airlines

We had booked a trip to Australia for October of 2001, our first-ever trip there. Air New Zealand was the big flight to Sydney from the US, and then all of our little flights within Australia were to be on Ansett.

Days before we left, we got notice that Ansett was no longer flying. They were going out of business, so we had to attempt to rebook on Qantas, which was the only game in town at that point. We had to shuffle a few dates and cities around that too. Not fun.

Brian likes this.
  11. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Brian, I am sending you a private message that might help you in uploading your photos. :)

Brian likes this.
  12. Brian

Brian Active Member

Seems the kangaroo was never meant to fly. (That was Ansett's insignia - 'The Flying Kangaroo').

Then we had Tiger Airlines. Tigers are no better at flying than kangaroos were. Let's not even mention Jetstar. Virgin and Qantas at least fly - roughly when they are scheduled to fly, too!!

13. theninjarabbit

Today, the Decades channel is running at 12:30, 5:30, and 11:30pm (all EST) the Ed Sullivan show with "Performances by Count Basie, Totie Fields, Nancy Sinatra, Tony Bennett, George Burns, Robert Klein, and the Carpenters".

14. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Jamesj75 likes this.
  15. theninjarabbit

Returning to my post earlier, I didn't see them in this episode- was rather bummed. I actually did see them on an episode running on the 14th- they were the first performance. I've seen that footage a dozen times at least and was still mesmerized. As I was able to save it to DVR, I watched it several more times. :D

Madness.

Jamesj75 likes this.