As Time Goes By

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I still get so excited everytime I reach for this CD & stick it in my car CD changer. Some of these songs just blow me away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember someone saying that one of the tracks from this CD was used on a tv show in Japan. Is that right? I want to say it is 'Rainbow Connection" but I'm not 100% positive.

If this is the right song, does anyone know how the song was used? I would assume that Richard ok it right?

I still can't get over that Rainbow Connection was a work lead Karen did in 1980. Her vocal is truly amazing here. It reminds me how I was amazed when I first heard that work lead of "trying to get the feeling again" too. What I also like is Karen's voice on Rainbow at the 3:45/3:46 second mark, her voice sorta vibrates, So glad Richard left that part in, I love that. I've heard her do that vibrato thing again in other songs too & it's cool.

Hi Chris,
You may be having read it at Mrs. Yuko Ogura's Carpneters page from Japan.

Yuko wrote:

<News>(June. 13,2001)
*Finally folks, new album "Rainbow Connection - As Time Goes Bys" will hit
the street on August 1st!! This is definite and will not move up nor down
even if the earth vanishes! Single CD"Rainbow Connection/Leave Yesterday
Behind" will also be released on July 25th. This single CD contains a few
more song including "Rainy Days". "Rainbow Connection" is to be a theme song
for a nationally syndicated drama from July. This is ALL about Japan, and
not in the U.S.

"Rainbow Connection" was the title song of Koi ga $#!^ai Koi ga $#!^ai
Koi ga $#!^ai", the drama of TBS-TV which was aired
from July the first of 2001. The drama was broadcast on Sunday (eleven weeks).
I'm sorry but I didn't watch the drama.
They say that we could hear "Leave Yesterday Behind" on this drama.

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi, Thank you so much, that's right, it must have been Yuko's site that I read that along time ago. I didn't know that LYB was also on the tv show too.

thanks also for the link you gave me, I'm so glad your on this board to fill us in on the things happening or have happened in Japan.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom