August 2017 Remembrances

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Goldy McJohn, the keyboardist for John Kay & Steppenwolf (1968 - 1974) has died on August 1. He was best known for the instrumental breaks on "Born To Be Wild" & "Magic Carpet Ride". Goldy McJohn - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Glen Campbell has died of alzheimers disease (which happened 6 years ago) at 81 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

^^Sad News...I used to request Wichita Lineman from a country radio station up here in the Sierra foothills that would take requests on Sunday nights. They would always play it for me.

I still love Glen's duet with Anne Murray on "By The Time I Get To Phoenix/I Say A Little Prayer", the melding of a Jimmy Webb song with a Burt Bacharach tune. Brilliant!

There were 2 more deaths, Dick Gregory died on Saturday, August 19 at 84 years old. Jerry Lewis dies on Sunday, August 20 at 91 years old. All because of my Pennsylvania trip from last week. Also Jay Thomas (died of cancer) was on "Murphy Brown" & on "The Late Show With David Letterman" in December throwing footballs at the Christmas tree with the meatball & pizza on top. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Actor Richard Anderson ("The Six Million Dollar Man" & "The Bionic Woman") has died at 91 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom