1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

August 2017 Remembrances

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by AM Matt, Aug 3, 2017.

1. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Goldy McJohn, the keyboardist for John Kay & Steppenwolf (1968 - 1974) has died on August 1. He was best known for the instrumental breaks on "Born To Be Wild" & "Magic Carpet Ride". Goldy McJohn - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

2. AM Matt

3. AM Matt

Glen Campbell has died of alzheimers disease (which happened 6 years ago) at 81 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

4. ^^Sad News...I used to request Wichita Lineman from a country radio station up here in the Sierra foothills that would take requests on Sunday nights. They would always play it for me.

5. I still love Glen's duet with Anne Murray on "By The Time I Get To Phoenix/I Say A Little Prayer", the melding of a Jimmy Webb song with a Burt Bacharach tune. Brilliant!

6. AM Matt

Actor Joseph Bologna (1982 "My Favorite Year") has died at 82 years old of pancretic cancer. Joseph Bologna - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI