1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

August 2017 Remembrances

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by AM Matt, Aug 3, 2017.

1. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Goldy McJohn, the keyboardist for John Kay & Steppenwolf (1968 - 1974) has died on August 1. He was best known for the instrumental breaks on "Born To Be Wild" & "Magic Carpet Ride". Goldy McJohn - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

2. AM Matt

3. AM Matt

Glen Campbell has died of alzheimers disease (which happened 6 years ago) at 81 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

4. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

^^Sad News...I used to request Wichita Lineman from a country radio station up here in the Sierra foothills that would take requests on Sunday nights. They would always play it for me.

5. I still love Glen's duet with Anne Murray on "By The Time I Get To Phoenix/I Say A Little Prayer", the melding of a Jimmy Webb song with a Burt Bacharach tune. Brilliant!

6. AM Matt

Actor Joseph Bologna (1982 "My Favorite Year") has died at 82 years old of pancretic cancer. Joseph Bologna - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

7. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

Actor Jay Thomas - "Cheers" and "Mork and Mindy" - has died at age 69.

Harry likes this.
  8. AM Matt

There were 2 more deaths, Dick Gregory died on Saturday, August 19 at 84 years old. Jerry Lewis dies on Sunday, August 20 at 91 years old. All because of my Pennsylvania trip from last week. Also Jay Thomas (died of cancer) was on "Murphy Brown" & on "The Late Show With David Letterman" in December throwing footballs at the Christmas tree with the meatball & pizza on top. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

9. AM Matt

Canadian drummer Skip Prokop of The Paupers & Lighthouse ("One Fine Morning", "Sunny Days" & "Pretty Lady") has died at 74 years old. Skip Prokop - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

10. AM Matt

Bandleader Larry Elgart has died at 95 years old. The song "Hooked On Swing (medley)" was a Top 40 hit peaking at # 31 in the Summer of 1982. Larry Elgart - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

11. AM Matt

Actor Richard Anderson ("The Six Million Dollar Man" & "The Bionic Woman") has died at 91 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

12. AM Matt

Steven J. Gross likes this.
  13. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

Aw, man, I used to listen to quite a few of his comedy bits. R.I.P.

Steven J. Gross likes this.