Ave Maria Original Mix [Christmas Portrait]

Misael Castillo Lopez

It's me or it's true, Yesterday I listened to the album Christmas portrait in Vinyl and it ends with Ave Maria and in the background a majestic timbal is played ..:shock:
Is it like that? You who know more? because I feel that the CD versions are not heard .. Regards:hmmm:
R-7577689-1444413595-5118.jpeg.jpg

As I was listening to the Christmas Collection 2-cd set,
again I was--and, remain-- baffled by the changes made to
Ave Maria,
as the original LP version is incredibly awesome....

I agree! When the tymp comes in on the F diminished at the "nunc et in hora...", just gives you the chills! Definitely the peak of the song and arrangement at that point. It's a shame the percussion was pulled back on the post-'78 remixes.

I agree! When the timp comes in on the F diminished at the "nunc et in hora...", just gives you the chills! Definitely the peak of the song and arrangement at that point. It's a shame the percussion was pulled back on the post-'78 remixes.

I had always listened to the most recent versions, like the "special edition" but when I heard it on the vinyl, it really gave me chills, it sounds really epic ..:goodie: And it kind of shocked me because it sounds so different to the latest remix, but in a good way...

I agree! When the timp comes in on the F diminished at the "nunc et in hora...", just gives you the chills! Definitely the peak of the song and arrangement at that point. It's a shame the percussion was pulled back on the post-'78 remixes.

The remix all but deleted the timp on that line towards the end and I’ve got no idea why because as Chris says, it’s the highlight of the song. It gives it that final touch of gravitas and sense of “peak” that induces that chill factor.

Do I understand this correctly - that only the original vinyl has the version of this song that contains the timpani as described?

It would also be on the West German CD of the original mix.

And it also appears in the original television presentation on ABC, but not any later remixes.

Do I understand this correctly - that only the original vinyl has the version of this song that contains the timpani as described?

Oh it's on the remix as well, however just pulled back in the mix, so as to not take away from the chorale would be the educated guess.

Yeah, it's important to remember that whatever we think of "Ave Maria" with choir or without, Richard ALWAYS designed it to be with choir. In his eyes, the no-choir version is probably a make-shift, make-do version until it could be properly finished.

So when faced with the prospect of completing the song without the choir, bringing up the tympani may have seemed like a decent idea.

In all of my time moderating and participating in boards like this, I can say that I've never, EVER run into a Carpenters fan that prefers "Ave Maria" with choir. I'm afraid this is one on which the fans and Richard will never see eye to eye.

Yeah, it's important to remember that whatever we think of "Ave Maria" with choir or without, Richard ALWAYS designed it to be with choir. In his eyes, the no-choir version is probably a make-shift, make-do version until it could be properly finished.

So when faced with the prospect of completing the song without the choir, bringing up the tympani may have seemed like a decent idea.

In all of my time moderating and participating in boards like this, I can say that I've never, EVER run into a Carpenters fan that prefers "Ave Maria" with choir. I'm afraid this is one on which the fans and Richard will never see eye to eye.

Actually, perhaps I am the only one that prefers the version with the choir.

Back
Top Bottom