Ballpoint pen ink removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.C. Jr

Hi everyone! I hope this is the correct category, but how should I go about getting ballpoint pen off an album cover? It's just maybe a dozen short marks next to the track listing on my Carpenters "Yesterday Once More" album, but it still bothers me.

Any thoughts, or should I avoid it by potentially making things worse?

Hi everyone! I hope this is the correct category, but how should I go about getting ballpoint pen off an album cover? It's just maybe a dozen short marks next to the track listing on my Carpenters "Yesterday Once More" album, but it still bothers me.

Any thoughts, or should I avoid it by potentially making things worse?
Most of the things I know about would be for use on fabric, but there is an artist's plastic eraser that could work. Not the kneaded rubber or art gum - those are for graphite on paper. Has to be the plastic kind. It will remove ink but if you try it be very careful. Use light pressure. Might be better to leave it as is.

Most of the things I know about would be for use on fabric, but there is an artist's plastic eraser that could work. Not the kneaded rubber or art gum - those are for graphite on paper. Has to be the plastic kind. It will remove ink but if you try it be very careful. Use light pressure. Might be better to leave it as is.
Thank you :)

Interesting--we have a couple of large artist supply stores around the area I can check. I don't have many with pen on them (both jackets and record labels) but it would be interesting to try. A couple of labels I have were marked with Sharpie--I doubt there is anything short of a solvent that would get that off.

Easiest way to get rid of marks is to scan the artwork and Photoshop it out!

5908.jpg

I used to do a lot of pen and pencil art work; therefore, I had a lot of erasers. Like they say, if you never do anything you never make any mistakes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom