Best Prices for the new TJB releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you started your Amazon session by using either the links on the tijuanabrass.com page, or used the search link on the main page of amcorner.com, then Rudy's site will get credit for the sale. If you just went to amazon by itself, then no credit is given here.

Once the transaction is completed, I don't think there's any way to tell, is there?

Harry

Has Amazon changed proces again? It looks like they are all $13.98 now.

Also, will these actually ship before the release date for delivery on 2/8, or so they ship on 2/8? Anyone familiar with the process on pre-orders?

Michael

I have already ordered 3 copies of each of the cd's using the links on the TJB site.......now I am wondering (nosey is more like it). How much does this site get for each sale??

spanky1 said:
Also, will these actually ship before the release date for delivery on 2/8, or so they ship on 2/8? Anyone familiar with the process on pre-orders?

Amazon states that these will ship on February 9th.

Capt. Bacardi

I haven't ordered anything myself yet, but I think by now, the price listed for preordering should be stable until at least release day. I would not be surprised, either, if the price went up *after* release date.

Just a quick "thank you" to everyone who has preordered through our Amazon links so far: at last count this afternoon, 100 CDs have been preordered through our links, and exactly half of those are for Lost Treasures! :thumbsup:

Price update: Our CD order site does indeed list LOST TREASURES at $18.98 list, and the others at $13.98. For awhile, they were showing all three at 13, but it changed just today.

FYI -- the "dealer cost" on these is $9.75 for LB and SOTB, and $12.93 for LOST TREASURES. That means we'll be selling them for (probably) $10.88 and $13.99, at first. Great big stores probably get theirs for about 10% lower due to box-lot pricing. So there's your little peek inside the record biz for today! :D

Speaking of promotional ideas -- I wonder if WalMart is doing anything with these? Seems like their customer base would be loaded with TJB fans (people over 40 that is.)

Mike Blakesley said:
Speaking of promotional ideas -- I wonder if WalMart is doing anything with these? Seems like their customer base would be loaded with TJB fans (people over 40 that is.)

Yeah, and they're all handing out shopping carts. :laugh:

Capt. Bacardi

Discovered yesterday that Amazon.co.uk now has the three albums listed for release in the UK on Feb 6th (yes - 6th!) at £11.99 each. So I reluctantly cancelled the order with Amazon.com because the postage is so much cheaper (I was going to pay shedloads for express delivery across the pond!!) and the estimated delivery date is Feb 7th.

TonyCurrie said:
Discovered yesterday that Amazon.co.uk now has the three albums listed for release in the UK on Feb 6th (yes - 6th!) at £11.99 each. So I reluctantly cancelled the order with Amazon.com because the postage is so much cheaper (I was going to pay shedloads for express delivery across the pond!!) and the estimated delivery date is Feb 7th.

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the heads up Tony. That'll save a bit of cash....

Stephen

TonyCurrie said:
Discovered yesterday that Amazon.co.uk now has the three albums listed for release in the UK on Feb 6th (yes - 6th!) at £11.99 each.

Lost Treasures is £13.99...........but still cheaper than paying US shipping (and customs duty as well). The UK site shows the label as Sony. Is this a mistake or part of a UK distribution deal?

Stephen

Sony distrubutes Shout!Factory worldwide, far as I know. :)

Update: according to the sales report I've read, only a few of the Lost Treasures preorders have shipped. Note that some went out as $18.98, while others are at the current $13.99.

If you've preordered at the higher price, cancel the items, if you can, and reorder at the current price. Best bet might be to cancel the entire order (if all you have are these new titles), then go back to our tijuanabrass.com home page and use the direct ordering links there, since we get a little extra for direct linked items.

As of this writing,Amazon has LT at $13.49,with an $18.98 list. Without checking around,there must be another etailer biggie that has LT around that price. Mike's cost info for Sony customers in an above post is accurate,save that they probably get that cost no matter how few or how many they buy,have an added box lot discount,possible extended discounts outside of pre-release and extended dating(though its probable that Sony is just using standard discounting for the Alpert titles) and they don't have to pay the bill for a few more months. Mac

Mac: looking at my early sales report for Amazon, I see that eight copies of "Lost Treasures" have shipped out, and copies were shipped at $18.99, $13.99 and $12.99. (Amazon must have had them on special for a day or two.)

It will be interesting on Wed. or Thurs. to see how many copies ship out, and at what prices.

Bought my copies at Borders today. LB and SOTB were 13.99 and LT was 18.99, however if you buy three disks, you get another CD for free! Brings the price down about where Amazon is.

Borders in Norman, OK at mid-afternoon had one each of LB and SOTB and about 5 LT. Best Buy had two copies of LT but had already sold out.

Phil

Just of note of logistics here in Allentown,Pa. I ain't broke but impending job loss and everyday financial considerations forced me to purchase LT without the other two at the local Borders at full retail using an Xmas gift certificate. I don't need the others right now and Shout/Sony aren't going to go anywhere for awhile. I secured a copy of LT through the store's inventory online and it was indeed waiting for me at the counter. The label code tells me that this particular store originally had 4 copies in stock-two were left this evening and they are filing them in "Jazz",not "EZ",probably because of the past solo albums being filed in "Jazz"(DEF HITS has always been in Jazz as well). This is a mistake,but it ain't my store. Marginal fans of the originals are probably still in the EZ section-aisles away from Jazz and will not find them by merely browsing. most Jazz fans just don't vare about this stuff. I haven't investigated if the store recieved stock on LONELY or SOUTH but they were not found in the department. Best Buy did not have a piece of any Alpert recording in the building,just an empty card. I am surprised that others are reporting that BB was carrying them at all-there have been rumors that BB was not stocking any new release titles in January or February unless they were featutred in the ad-Valentine's Day(this week's releases) may be the thawing time,though,due to the first week of decent releases in the industry since Thanksgiving. LT is in my headphones now-I'll chime in at a later date,but a first impresstion-certainly some abrupt intros,I am noticing-like some of these were still not quite fully realized-"Lazy Day",for example,just jumps out of the starting block after "Up Cherry Street" ends with virtually no gap between songs. The marimbas are so nice up in the mix-Julius,you are missed! Mac

It's always been a problem trying to find Herb's music in the racks. He's not "easy listening" but he's more pop than jazz. Sergio Mendes has the same problem.

Harry said:
I cannot say for sure that it will be true here, but in the past, Amazon has listed pre-issue prices at list, then when the product is actually out, they'll reduce the prices and pass those prices on to whoever pre-ordered.

Update: Well, as an experiment, I left my pre-order alone, back when everyone else was cancelling and ordering again. Placed Jan. 3, when the prices on Amazon were list price, I assumed that they'd send me the discs at the lowered sale price on shipping day.

WRONG! My order arrived yesterday - all at full price.

Now, as I stated earlier in the thread, the extra 9 bucks or so won't make or break me, but it's the principle of the thing. Why should anyone have to watch the prices of something they pre-ordered. What good is pre-ordering then?

So I sent Amazon an email asking these very questions and they nicely offered to refund the difference to my account.

amazon.com said:
Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

The discounts we offer for items on our web site do vary from time to
time. I've checked your order (#xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx), and found that
we now offer a greater discount on "Lost Treasures," "South Of The
Border" and "The Lonely Bull" than at the time you placed your order.

Since these items were shipped so recently, I have requested a refund
of $9.47 (5.47 + 1.99 + 1.99 respectively for the three items) to
your credit card. This amount reflects the difference between the
price you were charged and the discounted price. The refund should
be processed in the next few days and will appear as a credit on your
next billing statement.

You may view returns and refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link
at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and
recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the
bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thank you for shopping at
Amazon.com--we hope you will visit us again soon.

So, the answer to the experiment is: wait for the best prices, or change your orders if the prices drop, or go through the hassle of Customer Service after you receive your order.

Harry
...experimenting, online...

Montana Senate Candidate and Movie Theatre Maven Blake Forsythe said:
It's always been a problem trying to find Herb's music in the racks. He's not "easy listening" but he's more pop than jazz. Sergio Mendes has the same problem.

So true, so true! Sections I've found both Herb and Sergio in over the years include: Pop, EZ-Listening, Jazz, Disco, Latin, World (Sergio only on that one) and Oldies. I've even found them filed in multiple categories within the same store at the same time!

--Mr Bill

Harry said:
Update: Well, as an experiment, I left my pre-order alone, back when everyone else was cancelling and ordering again. Placed Jan. 3, when the prices on Amazon were list price, I assumed that they'd send me the discs at the lowered sale price on shipping day.

WRONG! My order arrived yesterday - all at full price.

A bunch of "Lost Treasures" shipped out over the past couple of days, and at least 20 got out of Amazon at the full $18.99 price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom