Brasil '66 Reunion??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Brasil 2016 concert dates have already been booked and are upcoming (here in the Northeast) and there is no indication of any participation by 'alumni.' Unless Sergio has plans for maybe one show, say at the Hollywood Bowl with past members???

I would not expect Mendes to join the original Brasil 66 alumni in any reunion concert--he's always on the road touring with his current band. What could be possible is having the Brasil 66 people themselves perform at a jazz club, in places such as the Vibrato in LA or Birdland in NY. Add a guest jazz pianist and there you have it.

I don't expect a reunion concert myself, but I do expect Sergio might be covering a larger number of Brasil '66 tunes during a concert. Plus, it's hard to do a reunion of the more popular iteration of Brasil '66 with Sebastiao Neto, Rubens Bassini and Dom Um Romao all no longer with us. For the remaining "Original '66" musicians/vocalists, how many would actually want to do it, or are available to do it? Bob Matthews still plays bass these days. No idea if Jo Soares is still performing or not (or if he is still with us--I had no luck a few years ago finding anything about him).

Don't get me wrong--it would still be a nice surprise if it happened!

I can't remember the details now, but I helped Janis Hansen track down Jose several years ago. I want to say he was in Sao Paulo and had been sick, but I may be misremembering.

Ridgefield isn't too far from me but I couldn't make it out there. A buddy in New York wanted to go see Bebel Gilberto there as well, but I just have too much going on this month. We don't get a lot of the good tours through this area unfortunately.

A Brasil 66 reunion...hey...remember about 6 or 7 years ago there was that huge concert at Madison Square Garden with Springsteen, the Stones, Bob Dylan,Simon and Garfunkle, etc....imagine a reunion of A&M artists, like any remaining TJB, Richard Carpenter, Quincy Jones....man!!!....getting chills thinking of it:violin:Watch how fast I'd get there from Connecticut!,,

A Brasil 66 reunion...hey...remember about 6 or 7 years ago there was that huge concert at Madison Square Garden with Springsteen, the Stones, Bob Dylan,Simon and Garfunkle, etc....imagine a reunion of A&M artists, like any remaining TJB, Richard Carpenter, Quincy Jones....man!!!....getting chills thinking of it:violin:Watch how fast I'd get there from Connecticut!,,
Wow I was thinking the same thing "NOW THAT WOULD BE QUITE THE ULTIMATE A&M FAN EXPERIENCE."

Here is a 2007 video of the Brian Nova Trio with Brasil 66 alumnus Bob Matthews on bass. He has a nifty solo at 5:15 and at the end of his solo someone hollers out "Bob Matthews on bass." He still has the same features--just a "bit" older. What a talent.

Maybe it could be held at Herb Alpert's Vibrato Grill&Jazz!!!:ketchup:
YES. Nancy that would be a perfect venue and as a side note ( strictly off the record) that would be a perfect date night spot for couples who are Diehard A&M fans. And single folks as well as i said earlier that would be the ultimate experience You have a really great Idea there.

I was hooked on the A&M sound the moment I heard it....I still to this day prefer the radio to t.v. I spend more time on Youtube pulling up videos from old Ed Sullivan shows...as Springsteen said...music stops the clock. I think he nailed it!,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom