Brasil '77: "Where Is The Love?" REMIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulitaPepsi

Don't know if this has been posted before - I searched and couldn't find it.
I stumbled across this on Soundcloud and had to share. Sergio remixes (most of them "Mas Que Nada" or "Magdalena") are mostly pretty awful - not this one. Done by Berlin mixer Tristan Dee, it takes "Where Is The Love?" from LOVE MUSIC, strips it of its overly-sweet arrangement, replacing it with the cool, smooth funk of the Flack-Hathaway original. And Bonnie & Gracinha sound great!

I can't stop listening to this.

I stumbled across this on Soundcloud and had to share:

Sergio remixes (most of them "Mas Que Nada" or "Magdalena") are mostly pretty awful - not this one!

That's right! This one Rocks! There surely might be other remix treatments there worth looking for...

-- Dave

Dave: The key to a great mix is for the mixers to respect the original and not make it all about them. Good mixers find a way to refresh the original, not obliterate it. Too often mixes just add noise. And to be fair, I liked several of the mixes on BOM TEMPO, even preferring some to the cuts on the 'regular CD - but there were quite a few that were so cluttered as to be unrecognizable and unlistenable. I love that Tristan Dee took a fairly off-the-beaten track to revamp, and the end is result is so smooth and so fresh. I'd love to hear this in a club.
I've been checking out Dee's other mixes - he's doing fantastic work, even pumping the funk on "Fire" by the Ohio Players to an "Inferno"!

This mix has been posted on the Carpenters board, but it's another brilliantly crafted revamp of a classic original. Pass the Mai Tais!

Oh I can see it now: Richard Carpenter reborn as DJ Richie Rich. Word. :D

I've been checking out Dee's other mixes - he's doing fantastic work, even pumping the funk on "Fire" by the Ohio Players to an "Inferno"!

I need to go check some of those out, especially a stone classic like "Fire". I bet my alter ego @JH12"fanatic has probably heard some of these too. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom