Careers Of Various TJB Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpertfan

Don't know if this has been covered before, but it is known what certain Tijuana Brass members such as Lou Pagani, Bob Edmondson or Tonni Kalash did, career-wise, following the original touring band's split in 1969? We all know that Edmondson in the Reorganized TJB, as well as the Bullish tour. I read somewhere that Tonni Kalash moved and worked in Vegas. beginning in the 1970s.

I don't think much was noticeable. I remember seeing Bob Edmondson in the trombone section of an album with the Dick Grove Big Band in the late 70's and his past in the Tijuana Brass was noticed in the liner notes. John Pisano had a modest recording career as a jazz guitarist with a couple of excellent duet albums, even though none of them were big sellers.

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Bob Edmondson and John Pisano co-produced an album by Joe Pass called Whitestone on Pablo Records. Nick Ceroli did a lot of jazz session gigs. I have albums by Zoot Sims, Bill Berry, the Bob Florence big band (great band, by the way) and Dave Frishberg that Nick played on. Pat Senatore had a jazz club called Pasquale's for a long time in the 70's and is now the musical director at the Vibrato. John Pisano is still playing a lot of gigs in the L.A. area and hosts his own "Guitar Nights" once a week, as well as doing his Flying Pisanos with wife Jeannie. Tonnie Kalash did go to Vegas and worked in various bands until his death.

Capt. Bacardi

It is known that Lou Pagani, Tonnie Kalash and Nick Ceroli unfortunately have pasted away, John Pisano and Pat Senator are still alive and active, but what about Bob Edmondson is he still alive, and is he still playing??? I always loved the TV specials especially him, because he always was the "clown", and if he still is alive , how old is he then??
10juana
Stig Rugaard

I've been wondering what is preventing this BBC documentary from finding it's way across the pond. Is it a matter of royalties? Is there not enough of a fanbase for the TJB to make showing it in the U.S. profitable? Is Herb holding it back? Even a brief appearance on youtube would be awesome :wink:

I've been wondering what is preventing this BBC documentary from finding it's way across the pond. Is it a matter of royalties? Is there not enough of a fanbase for the TJB to make showing it in the U.S. profitable? Is Herb holding it back? Even a brief appearance on youtube would be awesome :wink:

Reportedly, the Alperts were quite happy with the BBC Doc. One of the big issues with putting the program together, was that rights and clearances had to be obtained. I wouldn't be surprised to see this here on PBS, but have not heard anything for sure.

We'll just have to keep hoping. Thanks for the update, Steve.

Getting back to the original thread topic, more or less, I do have one example of a pre-TJB recorded set for Nick Ceroli. Jack Teagarden's A Hundred Years from Today, recorded at the '63 Monterey Jazz Festival (a swell live album featuring many Teagarden family members as well as Gerry Mulligan doing some Dixieland licks) has Nick backing the group. Teagarden introduces him as "Nick Neroli."

Mike A.

I love the photo of edmondson pisano and senatore im glad three of the original tjb guys are still with us i would like to add my two cents about getting this documentary across the ocean here and availiable for us to see i remember seeing a advertisement in a jazz magazine for a pat senatore cd called pasquale in 1995 so i know senatore did at least one solo album

Just wonderful to see the picture of Bob, John and Pat. I figure they all have to be mid to late 70's by now?

If my research is correct, Bob Edmondson was 80 years old yesterday! Many happy returns of the day, Bob, if you ever stop by and read this forum!
Mike

I just saw a post on Facebook from Bob's daughter Heather Nicole Edmondson, and she posted a couple of old pics of Bob playing with his kids when they were younger.

11043412_10153658675979829_8515341043600216187_o.jpg

15890_10153658676104829_6131785534649978640_n.jpg

10995680_10153658676254829_4202680152457107716_n.jpg

Capt. Bacardi

That's really nice to see - thanks ever so much for posting this forward to the thread.
Nice to see that Bob still looks to be in fine health and enjoying his senior years!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom