carpenter Golden Years 1970 to 1975

adam

Hi
Just re valuating The Carpenters career .They really had 5 golden years between 1970 to 1975.
!0 gold singles
6 gold albums
3 grammy awards and 1 American music award
300 plus sold out concerts
30 US tv appearances

Then from 1976 to 1983 their career seemed to go into terminal decline although still successful they only achieved 2 gold albums in this period and didnt place a single in the top 20 between 1976 to 1981.
Do you thnk they could have reclaimed their career? Thoughts anyone

We discussed this a few years back. Here is a "cut and paste" from that thread of my thoughts on the subject...

I think they probably would have had some "lean years" sales and popularity wise into the early and mid-80s, but I think they would have had a resurgence by the late-80s or early 90s. Bette Midler's career comes to mind. With the exception of "The Rose" single and soundtrack album in 79/80, Bette barely had an album or single crack the Top 40 between 1976 and 1989. She then scored back to back smashes with "Wind Beneath My Wings" (#1 hit, Song and Record of the Year Grammys) and "From A Distance" (#2 hit, Song of the Year Grammy) and has racked up a few other gold and platinum albums in the years since.

Another example (and probably a better comparison than Bette) is Barry Manilow. His Hot 100 hit singles dried up around 1983, most likely a casualty of the Thriller/MTV era you mentioned above. His 1981 album If I Should Love Again was his last album to make the Top 20 until 2002's Ultimate Manilow compilation hit #3. During the 21 years in-between, he released 11 studio albums, only 3 of which peaked at #40 or higher. Then, between 2006 and 2011 he released FOUR studio albums that made the Top 5 (including one #1) and one that hit #7. His Vegas show also does huge box office.

Tony Bennett is another example. After his 1968 Christmas album Snowfall peaked at #10, only 4 of his next 26 studio albums charted highter than #100 (a #67, #96, #50 and #41) with 11 faling to chart at all. Then in 2006 his Duets album goes all the way to #3, followed by Duets II (#1 in 2011) and Viva Duets (#5 in 2012).

Also, look at Barbra Striesand. She was pretty much radio poison after about 1982, yet still managed a few one-off hit duets with Don Johnson ("Till I Loved You" #25 in 1988), Brian Adams ("I Finally Found Someone" #8 in 1996) and Celine Dion ("Tell Him" #5 AC in 1997). However, her album sales have always been strong with number one albums in 1985, 1993, 1997 and 2009. Artists (especially older, well-established ones) can still have great careers without "hits." Hits aren't the only measure of success.

And speaking of Bryan Adams and Celine Dion, their mega-smash, over-the-top movie theme ballads from the 90s were far more schmaltzy and sappy than anything Richard and Karen ever did. Karen singing some Diane Warren-written power ballad theme song to some high-profile "chick flick" (Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, etc.) could easily have been a smash back then.

A "Manilow" career trajectory is what I truly believe Richard and Karen would have had if Karen were still with us. They would probably have never had another Hot 100 hit single (although they probably would still have hit the AC charts regularly), but they would have continued to release albums every year or two that sold enough to keep them under contract but probably didn't climb too high on the charts. Then at some point, with the right combination of timing and marketing, they would have become "cool" again enough to snag a couple or three big selling and high charting albums.

All artists have a decline in their popu
Arita at some time, as time moves on and something else comes along. Just because someone is not in the Top 40 every year does not mean they are in decline. Big examples are Abba who were the major stars from 1975 to 1980, their last studio album the visitors didn't half as well, the single the day before you came never made the top 20 even. Although artists are not continually in the charts for some they live on, the .carpenters here in the uk are still very popular, their CDs are still on sale and regularly played on the bbc. Every year one of their concerts or documentaries are screened. They were on the bbc on 2 January is year, and last year featured on Sky TV arts channel. So no the music lives on

Great post Actorman.

My only addition is that times/tastes change. IMO, 70's pop music was more varied than any other decade. It went through many phases and had many one hit wonders.

However, Adam's original post says "....from 1976 to 1983 their career seemed to go in to terminal decline."
Whether, or not, they could have reclaimed their former popularity---that is,the popularity of the period 1970-1975---is an interesting question.
Seems that the overseas popularity was inverse to that in America : And, this I garner from a reading of the Press Release which
accompanies the Made In America LP press kit.
Too many factors come into consideration:
(1) What precipitated the 'decline' in America to begin with ?
(2) To what extent did tastes in musical landscape (i.e., disco trend) derail their former glory ?
(3) Could they ever have shaken the image perceptions which bedeviled them ?
(Certainly not--especially, if they had retained the crop of folks who were 'working' on those television specials. Now, the
Music,Music,Music special, hopefully, would have turned that perception around !Not keeping John Davidson, though ).
(4) Would the Choral use on Carpenters' recordings continue ? If so, who can say what would have occurred !
(5) Would Made In America be the template for future recording ideas (lyrically, arrangements) ?
(After all, the album did perform alright in the Overseas markets).

An interesting discussion !

The popularity seemed to parallel the decline in their health as life happens to us all. The ebb and tide in all of us seem to rise and fall in this fashion. I do think Karen had the right idea to grow independent then celebrate together again. Had Karen lived and regained health, I do feel her life would have been a reflection of their happiness which would in turn highlight opportunities for continued success as outlined by others, like Actorman, here on the forum. Even from all we have read, she wanted to embrace life and live!

Craig

I was thinking that at the same time their popularity declined, they began to make more interesting choices in their career. Whether it was looking for the next hit or feeling free to experiment once they were now established, 1977-1983 seemed to reinforce this burst of creativity. Even Made in America, which I felt was full of elements looking backward, had a couple of flashes of new territory- "Somebody's Been Lying" with its orchestral sweep and almost whispered vocal at times to the Broadway tune "Because We Are in Love". (Even though I strongly dislike the latter, it is a rather new style for the Carpenters at that point in time, only touched on once before with "Argentina".)

Interesting, Mark :
A couple of flashes, yes !
And, in relation to, Argentina and Because We Are In Love
ask yourself--or, imagine listening to--stripped down arrangements.
(Without the bombastic arrangements they are easier to enjoy !I love then both.).
I also would hope that the preponderance of lip-syncing to their songs would be jettisoned.
Audiences--so, I believe--prefer a 'live' performance.
I never thought the lip-synced songs served their career very well.

A lot of things didn't serve their career well. Not just lip-syncing, but many of their album covers, and their choice of clothes come to mind. And the material on their TV specials was decidedly un-hip, or when they tried to be hip, it came off forced because they were pretending to be something they weren't.

People like Streisand, Tony Bennett, and others (Pink Floyd comes to mind) have achieved a certain "legendary" status in which they become timeless, somehow. Carpenters are inextricably linked to the '70s, probably more than most artists due to that pesky image.

If you look at how bad recorded music sales are and how few copies sold it takes to be #1, then it's clear that neither Bette, Barry or Barbra ever reclaimed their original level of popularity. They're selling to hardcore fans, the same numbers as before, most likely, which were only good enough to get an album to #60-something in the good years. Had Karen survived (and chosen to continue working with Richard), they'd probably be in the same situation.

On a related note, here is how the inimitable Bruce Springsteen stays on top of things:
"Performing albums in their entirety is a trend gaining steam with artists such
as Steely Dan, Lucinda Williams, Van Morrison -- even Springsteen himself in recent years.
It's a way to give fans a fresh experience without new songs."
"The accumulation of those 20 songs together is greater than the individual playing of each
particular song on a given night," Springsteen said.
"You get a sense of time, you get a sense of where your head was, the issues you were thinking about, who you were at that moment."
Devoted fans also can be cheered by Springsteen's embrace of nugs.net, a website that lets fans buy high-quality downloads or CDs of concerts.
All of his concerts from this tour will be offered there.
The site provides a fresh revenue stream for artists such as Springsteen, Pearl Jam and Phish
who are now out of the mainstream when it comes to new music but have strong live reputations."
Source:
Bruce Springsteen's tour showcases new way of serving fans (http://www.semissourian.com/story/2272272.html)

Still, interesting to imagine what avenues Karen and Richard would have chosen.

A lot of things didn't serve their career well. Not just lip-syncing, but many of their album covers, and their choice of clothes come to mind. And the material on their TV specials was decidedly un-hip, or when they tried to be hip, it came off forced because they were pretending to be something they weren't.

People like Streisand, Tony Bennett, and others (Pink Floyd comes to mind) have achieved a certain "legendary" status in which they become timeless, somehow. Carpenters are inextricably linked to the '70s, probably more than most artists due to that pesky image.
.....or maybe due to the fact that the "70s was the only decade they were around. Artists mentioned evolved over the decades, a privilege
the C's did not have.

It's to bad that Richard didn't continue his solo career. After "Time" performed badly, he just seemed to give up, whereas had he continued to put out an album every couple of years, or even done songs for movie soundtracks, he could've still had a presence on the charts.

But I also wonder why, in terms of Carpenters, why he nor A&M never released "Trying To Get The Feeling" and "The Rainbow Connection" as singles in the US. I remember back in 2001-2002 finding a chart for the Japanese music market and seeing Rainbow at the #5 spot. One wonders how it would've performed here in 2004, or even a few years later when "The Muppets" movie hit theatres.

It's to bad that Richard didn't continue his solo career. After "Time" performed badly, he just seemed to give up, whereas had he continued to put out an album every couple of years, or even done songs for movie soundtracks, he could've still had a presence on the charts.

But I also wonder why, in terms of Carpenters, why he nor A&M never released "Trying To Get The Feeling" and "The Rainbow Connection" as singles in the US. I remember back in 2001-2002 finding a chart for the Japanese music market and seeing Rainbow at the #5 spot. One wonders how it would've performed here in 2004, or even a few years later when "The Muppets" movie hit theatres.

Not that I do, but I think that posthumous releases don't do well with the American public. Look at the song(s) that were released after Michael Jackson died... they were played almost as a novelty where I live and nothing became of them (and they were from the late 70's early 80's, which might have had something to do with it as well). A&M probably felt there was no money in it to do it. Now that everything can be purchased online, if something's finished, get the word out on blogs and forums so that the fans can buy it. No need to pay money to print and promote at this point.

Not that I do, but I think that posthumous releases don't do well with the American public. Look at the song(s) that were released after Michael Jackson died... they were played almost as a novelty where I live and nothing became of them (and they were from the late 70's early 80's, which might have had something to do with it as well). A&M probably felt there was no money in it to do it. Now that everything can be purchased online, if something's finished, get the word out on blogs and forums so that the fans can buy it. No need to pay money to print and promote at this point.

Posthumous releases tend to do better in the UK. Eva Cassidy is a perfect example (look her up if you've never heard of her). Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again reached #44 on the UK charts when it was released as a single in 1994.

It's hard to think, today in 2016, how the Carpenters may have fared in 1983 had Karen survived. I would like to think that they they would have endured.
Their style was never lost on me, but it may have been lost on the general public. And, I always believed that an overhaul in their direction would have been a saving grace. # 1 : I saw this in Karen's solo project, a definite 180 in the Carpenters style, something I took as Karen's way of saying "there needs to be a change." # 2 : Richard's "Time" also has some songs that were a departure from the classic Carpenters sound, but may have suited Karen's vocal stylings, such as "Say Yeah", "Who Do You Love" & "Remind Me To Tell You". Could anyone imagine any of these songs being typical Carpenters songs while Karen was still living? Probably not. But, I can actually hear Karen singing these songs and making them hits. A new direction.

I personally don't think the Carpenters would have had a renaissance of their early 1970s success, but I think they would have come back and secured their place in the musical firmament. If "Now" is anything to go by, Richard was planning their 1983 record to be MIA all over again (don't get me wrong, I love the song but its not a radio song, its not a hit, which is what they needed). I could see much of the 1980s as their Wilderness Years, especially in the age of music videos and MTV (the videos for MIA don't exactly inspire hope).

On the other side this might actually have inspired RC and KC to not do "safe" Carpenters records anymore (which I think MIA and a song like "Now" is). Richard has mentioned numerous times that he and Karen long wanted to do a standards record (which they should have done as their 1980 album while they were recording songs for Music, Music, Music) and that Richard had given Karen several standards on cassette to listen to while she was in the hospital.

They could have followed that up with the long awaited country album ("Carpenters Country" - a line from the 1974 Rolling Stone interview that encapsulated the world in the writer's view - is a title that sells itself). I really think Nashville and the Country Music world would have been great for them. Their wholesome image would have NOT worked against them there and Karen probably would have loved it as much as she loved working in NY with Phil Ramone. They then could have in between done "An Old Fashioned Christmas" this time with Karen recording new vocals to go with the leftovers from Portrait. It would have been another huge-seller, and cemented Karen as the female voice of Christmas (if Bing is the male voice).

An album of duets with Karen and friends (something for some reason - Richard/A&M/whatever - the Carpenters long avoided) like Perry Como, Dionne, Olivia, perhaps Art Garfunkle (who Karen sang with in 79 and who I always imagined dueting on BOTW with Karen doing Paul Simon's part) would have been excellent as well in the 80s.

Also if Karen was indeed going to go public with her battle with anorexia nervosa in 83 or so, then she would STILL have become the "face" of aneroxia in the public mind (thankfully a live one this time) and may still have saved many lives. She would have gotten a huge outpouring of love from the same fans who were shocked at her death and I'm willing to wage in one strike would have destroyed that blasted "Goody-Four Shoes" imaged that bedeviled the Carpenters throughout their career. If Karen did this, exposing her private, physical/mental demons in such a way there was no way the press and the music media could continue to call her "Richard Carpenter's sister, Vanilla Milkshake" (as one reviewer of Music, Music, Music did). The whole mocking of the Carpenters image, particularly Karen, in the Bette Midler mode would have been stopped cold, except by the most crass.

And then in the 90s they would have been re-discovered as many 70s acts were. The street cred they garnered by bands like Sonic Youth would STILL have happened if Karen had lived - perhaps even more so because the Carpenters would have diversified by that point. If Karen had her health back, she probably would have done those acting jobs she always talked about. Probably went on specials and talk shows and the like (perhaps actually had her OWN specials separate from Richard since he hated them so much and she liked doing them, schtick and all) and she would have remained in the public eye. She ALWAYS had to be busy, that was one of her defining characteristics.

As for hits, they still would have come. If Bette Midler (a singer not in KC's league in my own opinion) could have monster hits like "Wind Beneath My Wings" and "From A Distance", why not Karen? All it would have taken would have been one ballad off of one soundtrack to break through (just look at Celine Dion's career). And I'm sure Karen would have worked with Disney at some point (which they should have done with "The Rescuers" but that's another story). I've always imagined Karen's version of "Beauty and the Beast" and I think it could have happened.

As would an eventually solo album AGAIN. I think she would have continued to try, with or without A&M (whether we would have ever seen the 1980 solo album come out is a different story). By the late 90s, the Carpenters would no longer be regarded just a squeaky-clean 70s group, but one of the staples of adult contemporary popular music, along with Streisand, Billy Joel, Elton John, Manilow, and many of the others who have made the transition from top 40 hitmakers to elder statesmen/women of music who sell out concerts....and of course Karen would be the LIVING modern voice of Christmas (I think the Christmas TV specials would have continued and Richard has said they would be on their fourth Christmas album by the 90s) which is something no else could claim.

It was never going to be the way it was from 70-75. No "Please Mr. Postman" covers were going to go to #1, but I think talent wills out. Someone who has a voice like Karen could sing anything, and I think Richard would have an upswing of creativity with her at his side. Whatever could be said for Karen't solo album (it's not great but its better than MIA in my mind), it does show that Karen understood the zeitgeist of the music era in which it was produced and was willing to change her style and even mode of singing to suit it, and she would have continued to do so, even if she had to drag Richard reluctantly along with her.

Last edited:
On the other side this might actually have inspired RC and KC to not do "safe" Carpenters records anymore (which I think MIA and a song like "Now" is). Richard has mentioned numerous times that he and Karen long wanted to do a standards record (which they should have done as their 1980 album while they were recording songs for Music, Music, Music) and that Richard had given Karen several standards on cassette to listen to while she was in the hospital.
JBee - Just in the last couple weeks (I'm new to this) I discovered "I Can Dream, Can't I", and based on that, I think a "standards " album would have been a success. Of course, that was not arranged by Richard, but by Billy May. I remember "standards" albums by Linda Ronstadt and Harry Nilsson (and others). That type of album wouldn't have been a smash hit, but could have sold reasonably well, I think.

I personally don't think the Carpenters would have had a renaissance of their early 1970s success, but I think they would have come back and secured their place in the musical firmament. If "Now" is anything to go by, Richard was planning their 1983 record to be MIA all over again (don't get me wrong, I love the song but its not a radio song, its not a hit, which is what they needed). I could see much of the 1980s as their Wilderness Years, especially in the age of music videos and MTV (the videos for MIA don't exactly inspire hope).

They could have followed that up with the long awaited country album ("Carpenters Country" - a line from the 1974 Rolling Stone interview that encapsulated the world in the writer's view - is a title that sells itself). I really think Nashville and the Country Music world would have been great for them. Their wholesome image would have NOT worked against them there and Karen probably would have loved it as much as she loved working in NY with Phil Ramone. They then could have in between done "An Old Fashioned Christmas" this time with Karen recording new vocals to go with the leftovers from Portrait. It would have been another huge-seller, and cemented Karen as the female voice of Christmas (if Bing is the male voice).

An album of duets with Karen and friends (something for some reason - Richard/A&M/whatever - the Carpenters long avoided) like Perry Como, Dionne, Olivia, perhaps Art Garfunkle (who Karen sang with in 79 and who I always imagined dueting on BOTW with Karen doing Paul Simon's part) would have been excellent as well in the 80s.

Also if Karen was indeed going to go public with her battle with anorexia nervosa in 83 or so, then she would STILL have become the "face" of aneroxia in the public mind (thankfully a live one this time) and may still have saved many lives. She would have gotten a huge outpouring of love from the same fans who were shocked at her death and I'm willing to wage in one strike would have destroyed that blasted "Goody-Four Shoes" imaged that bedeviled the Carpenters throughout their career. If Karen did this, exposing her private, physical/mental demons in such a way there was no way the press and the music media could continue to call her "Richard Carpenter's sister, Vanilla Milkshake" (as one reviewer of Music, Music, Music did). The whole mocking of the Carpenters image, particularly Karen, in the Bette Midler mode would have been stopped cold, except by the most crass.

And then in the 90s they would have been re-discovered as many 70s acts were. The street cred they garnered by bands like Sonic Youth would STILL have happened if Karen had lived - perhaps even more so because the Carpenters would have diversified by that point. If Karen had her health back, she probably would have done those acting jobs she always talked about. Probably went on specials and talk shows and the like (perhaps actually had her OWN specials separate from Richard since he hated them so much and she liked doing them, schtick and all) and she would have remained in the public eye. She ALWAYS had to be busy, that was one of her defining characteristics.

As for hits, they still would have come. If Bette Midler (a singer not in KC's league in my own opinion) could have monster hits like "Wind Beneath My Wings" and "From A Distance", why not Karen? All it would have taken would have been one ballad off of one soundtrack to break through (just look at Celine Dion's career). And I'm sure Karen would have worked with Disney at some point (which they should have done with "The Rescuers" but that's another story). I've always imagined Karen's version of "Beauty and the Beast" and I think it could have happened.

As would an eventually solo album AGAIN. I think she would have continued to try, with or without A&M (whether we would have ever seen the 1980 solo album come out is a different story). By the late 90s, the Carpenters would no longer be regarded just a squeaky-clean 70s group, but one of the staples of adult contemporary popular music, along with Streisand, Billy Joel, Elton John, Manilow, and many of the others who have made the transition from top 40 hitmakers to elder statesmen/women of music who sell out concerts....and of course Karen would be the LIVING modern voice of Christmas (I think the Christmas TV specials would have continued and Richard has said they would be on their fourth Christmas album by the 90s) which is something no else could claim.

It was never going to be the way it was from 70-75. No "Please Mr. Postman" covers were going to go to #1, but I think talent wills out. Someone who has a voice like Karen could sing anything, and I think Richard would have an upswing of creativity with her at his side. Whatever could be said for Karen't solo album (it's not great but its better than MIA in my mind), it does show that Karen understood the zeitgeist of the music era in which it was produced and was willing to change her style and even mode of singing to suit it, and she would have continued to do so, even if she had to drag Richard reluctantly along with her.
In 1978, the rock band "Exile" had a huge disco-tinged hit with the song Kiss You All Over. As the following years passed, they released several more albums and singles without much success. However, many of the songs they recorded during this time went on to be successful for other artists, such as Take Me Down and The Closer You Get for Alabama, and Heart and Soul for Huey Lewis & the News. This prompted Exile to change their musical direction, and they became a very popular country act throughout the 80's, spawning many number 1 hits. This such change in format may have had similar success for the Carpenters.

hi
Just fantasising but wish Karen had appeared on The Love boat/Fantasy island Tv shows as she was offered parts in both of these shows.Had released solo album in 1979/80 and Carpenters had released an album called Music music music to accompany their 1980 special.And recorded some stronger sounding songs on their Made in America album.

hi
Just fantasising but wish Karen had appeared on The Love boat/Fantasy island Tv shows as she was offered parts in both of these shows.Had released solo album in 1979/80 and Carpenters had released an album called Music music music to accompany their 1980 special.And recorded some stronger sounding songs on their Made in America album.

Or even released "Music, Music, Music" on Betamax/VHS/Laserdisc.

hi

In a way I'm glad that she didn't do those shows because they haven't dated well and would add to their image issues, but I do wonder what happened. The fan club notes in 1978 that Karen was actively looking for acting roles in TV (and she talked about film in interviews), so she wanted to act, but Weintraub got her...nothing. And then in 1979, with Richard on the back-burner for the year and KC still wanting to work, instead of TV and film, Weintraub (along with A&M) got her into contact with Phil Ramone for the solo album. But again...no TV (and Karen could have made just solo appearances on shows like Carson or variety specials like ONJ's in 1980).

I think it may have been a combination of JBee's and Actorman's thoughts....

I rather like the Manilow comparison... - - I do think there could have been another hit in there someplace... Perhaps a Disney movie theme, or a Bond theme... something very tailored to Karen's pristine delivery and Richard's knack of producing so brilliantly.

Probably a standards album or two - would have come along... Thematic albums, similar to Streisand's Broadway albums, or movie theme albums... Albums that would have had broader demographic appeal commercially, without necessarily the hit singles for radio play.

All of this with a few hiatuses thrown in there - and no doubt a near forgettable release or two with more of the synthesized trendy sounds of the mid 80's...

I also have been impressed with the Donny & Marie Las Vegas show, so I would consider them prime for some Vegas gigs now, again, akin to what Barry, Olivia, and Bette have done. And in sync with that - I see them doing some limited touring, with symphonies in major metropolitan areas... similar to Johnny Mathis...

Couple more thoughts.... Karen may have been someone that could have surged again 10 years ago as a judge on American Idol... which could have given her an entirely new audience. There is nobody better to comment on vocal prowess, and the command of a lyric. Minimally, there could have been a Carpenters night, as they did with the Bee Gees, Bacharach, and some other 70's icons - back in the earlier seasons - when that show was number 1.

Finally, I somewhat disagree with the "potential" of Karen becoming THE female Christmas voice.... I think her volume of work in this genre, on the classics, as well as their own signature Christmas song, already cements Karen as THE female signature voice of Christmas. The Carpenters are every bit as revered and played and respected at Christmas as Nat or Bing. Really - even more so - since several of their songs are often heard, versus one or two from the aforementioned gentlemen. Thankfully.

Couple more thoughts.... Karen may have been someone that could have surged again 10 years ago as a judge on American Idol... which could have given her an entirely new audience. There is nobody better to comment on vocal prowess, and the command of a lyric. Minimally, there could have been a Carpenters night, as they did with the Bee Gees, Bacharach, and some other 70's icons - back in the earlier seasons - when that show was number 1.

Finally, I somewhat disagree with the "potential" of Karen becoming THE female Christmas voice.... I think her volume of work in this genre, on the classics, as well as their own signature Christmas song, already cements Karen as THE female signature voice of Christmas. The Carpenters are every bit as revered and played and respected at Christmas as Nat or Bing. Really - even more so - since several of their songs are often heard, versus one or two from the aforementioned gentlemen. Thankfully.

American Idol no doubt. A lot of 70s-80s singers have shown up there. I wonder if they ever approached Richard to be a guest judge or mentor. There's no one who knows more about arranging music around a specific voice and the Carpenters catalog (with something like 20 top 20 hits) seems built for a show like AI.

As for Christmas, I don't disagree. Except for classic stations almost the only place you can hear the Carpenters now is during Christmas time and then I've heard stations play various songs constantly. But going by Richard's stated opinion that they would have continued doing more Christmas albums (and even An Old-Fashioned Christmas doesn't ring my bell like Portrait due to lack of Karen vocals), there are SO MANY more Christmas songs (or New Year's - Karen never finished "Auld Lang Syne", which had orchestration if I remember correctly) that could have been recorded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom