Carpenters - "Any Day Now"

Jokerman

The YouTube posting below indicates that this song was only released in Japan. I find it remarkable that a studio track like this hasn't been issued in the US. Does anyone have any insight on this? I couldn't find the title withing the forum's song listing - any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard live versions of this as a part of their extended Medley which is about twelve minutes instead of five like on the tan album. This makes it sound like they may have recorded both versions for potential inclusion on the record--the way it cuts off, for example. I never heard it was a single, but I'm nowhere near an expert.

However, I loved this as I love their version of this song. Thank you for sharing. Check out live in Australia 1972 to hear a great concert with the full 12 minutes medley if you haven't already. It is my fave concert by R and K.

The YouTube posting below indicates that this song was only released in Japan. I find it remarkable that a studio track like this hasn't been issued in the US. Does anyone have any insight on this? I couldn't find the title withing the forum's song listing - any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

That’s not a studio track. It was recorded as part of a live medley in Japan. Richard completed it years later as some tracks were missing, including bass and backing vocals.

I've obviously not scoured the resource enough. It's amazing the depths and details that exist with this one group. And so much we don't know, yet and still.

Thanks for this site again and again in an age when stupid Twitter has taken over most forums and message boards.

I appreciate each member more every day here. Thank you everyone.

Love the "live" performances during their concerts of this song and have always wished they did a studio stand alone version. I feel the same way about another medley song, Make It Easy On Yourself (Karen's vocals are just sublime).

Back
Top Bottom