Carpenters Choice - a furniture store in Panaji, India

Status
Not open for further replies.

nednickerson57

I was wondering what anyone knows about this furniture store in Panaji, India, using the Carpenters logo on their trucks and their store front, as well as their facebook page. Is it even legal for them to do that, and does Richard know about it?

13256284_983439825037969_4523937168955445204_n.jpg

I'd have to say no, considering the logo wasn't even used on things like the "Wrecking Crew" DVD. I think it's weird that they're using the logo of a musical group as a logo for a furniture store, even if the name fits. I don't like it and I certainly don't think Mr. Carpenter would either.

About three decades ago a small firm in New Zealand got taken to the cleaners by Disney Corp (if my memory serves correctly) for using a Disney character on their delivery vehicles.

The legal question is whether Disney had a New Zealand subsidiary which retained ownership of their trademarks, and could therefore sue; or whether they didn't, but copyright protection extended worldwide even if Disney were only domiciled in the U.S.

Welcome, Ned! And thank you for posting all those Youtube videos!

James
Yes, I am NedNickerson2010 on YouTube. I've actually been a member here on A&M Corner for several years now, but I couldn't remember my password for my other account, and the old email account I used to sign in doesn't even exist anymore. I finally was able to log in with my NedNickerson57 account.

This really bothers me that they're using the logo for a furniture store. I doubt they even know where it originated. I'm guessing they saw in online and thought it looked good, so they decided to use it.

Yes, I am NedNickerson2010 on YouTube. I've actually been a member here on A&M Corner for several years now, but I couldn't remember my password for my other account, and the old email account I used to sign in doesn't even exist anymore. I finally was able to log in with my NedNickerson57 account.

This really bothers me that they're using the logo for a furniture store. I doubt they even know where it originated. I'm guessing they saw in online and thought it looked good, so they decided to use it.

My favourite video you put together has to be Karen Carpenter-Something's Missing(In My Life).

And the Honolulu City Lights with the work lead and no choir!
Didn't know this was out there, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Why Richard thought it a good idea to add the choir is debatable, I'm sure there must be some fans who really enjoy the added background voices, I'm just not one of them.

Didn't know this was out there, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Why Richard thought it a good idea to add the choir is debatable, I'm sure there must be some fans who really enjoy the added background voices, I'm just not one of them.

The chorale never did it for me...on any of the posthumous tracks. Must have been bittersweet for Richard knowing he had to include some kind of background vocal sound but that Karen wasn't there to provide it.

The chorale never did it for me...on any of the posthumous tracks. Must have been bittersweet for Richard knowing he had to include some kind of background vocal sound but that Karen wasn't there to provide it.
I believe it is what kept them from radio play making the song too easy listening. I knew a few DJ's that just laughed at the chorale sound. It was permissible in the Christmas tunes. Outside of Christmas, Karen sounds more intimate without the choir background unless it is Richard and Karen doing the overdubs.

I believe it is what kept them from radio play making the song too easy listening. I knew a few DJ's that just laughed at the chorale sound. It was permissible in the Christmas tunes. Outside of Christmas, Karen sounds more intimate without the choir background unless it is Richard and Karen doing the overdubs.

Imagine if you can the song Slow Dance with the OK Chorale singing the gorgeous harmonies at the end of the chorus ..."dance with meeee...." and those towards the end... "someone like you ooh ooh". It would have totally ruined the song and the atmosphere, I'm so grateful we have a few tracks left from the vaults that they'd taken the time to fill out with their own complete set of backing vocals.

Imagine if you can the song Slow Dance with the OK Chorale singing the gorgeous harmonies at the end of the chorus ..."dance with meeee...." and those towards the end... "someone like you ooh ooh". It would have totally ruined the song and the atmosphere, I'm so grateful we have a few tracks left from the vaults that they'd taken the time to fill out with their own complete set of backing vocals.

This one is probably my favorite track from the entire album - and there are a lot of them!

Here's Richard Carpenter...regards: Slow Dance.....
"I heard this song on Kristy and Jimmy McNichol's album and subsequently played it for Karen..."

My question(s) would be:
Did Richard actually listen to this entire Album by the McNichol's ?
If so, is this the best song on the album?
If not, Why waste precious time on this album--at all ?
Anyone have this album ? The song is,apparently, Fifth on Side One.

For the record--as I have previously mumbled --I find
"Slow Dance" the weakest song on Lovelines Album,
although Karen's reading is perfection.
But, to each his own !

I love your videos too! Thanks for taking the time to put them together.

In terms of the logo, they really shouldn't be using it and it's not as though it's just vaguely like the original logo, it's exactly like it! If I were on Facebook (which I'm not) I would send them a polite message asking them if they realise that they in breach of copyright and see if that does anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom