1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to [email protected]. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Carpenters Karaoke

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by actcrna, Mar 10, 2017.

1. actcrna

actcrna Member Thread Starter

If you had the chance, which Carpenters tune would you attempt to honor Karen and Richard at Karaoke?

Jamesj75 and Disney like this.
  2. Disney

Disney New Member

Great idea for a thread :D I would love loooOve to sing Baby It's You

The first time I heard it....I couldn't believe how epic it was and I played it 15 times in a row LOL (To learn the lyrics *cough cough* haha...Once I had, I sang it sooo much. I love how it goes up a note when Karen sings "I----'m Gonna Love You" After the calm beginning's to the song. It's really fun to sing that part. I truly hope to sing this at a Karaoke one day. I will make sure to contact the DJ in advance so he can get Baby It's You loaded on his machine hehe :wink:

Jamesj75 likes this.
  3. Disney

Disney New Member

I had to link the video here

Sing along with me :wink:

KJKennedy likes this.
  4. Jamesj75

Jamesj75 Well-Known Member

It's gratifying to see others here interested in karaoke! To those concerned parties, I just want to add that the subject of karaoke has been discussed in these pages on occasion (When you try it yourself + karaoke requests ). In that thread, I have posted Carpenters' song titles that are available for karaoke (CDG or downloadable format); see my post at #10 in the above thread.

Having been a karaoke enthusiast since its inception, I have always been on the lookout for Carpenters' songs. There is a great collection of such material, including many album cuts. Sadly, @Disney, "Baby It's You" (Carpenters version) has not been produced to date. But a wealth of other great Carpenters' songs are ready for your belting out pleasures... :)

GaryAlan likes this.
  5. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

Of course, I would really honor the duo by never going near a microphone and attempting any of their material it the first place. That being said, karaoke participation is usually fueled by the consumption of alcoholic beverages. So after a few (or more), who knows? I would probably attempt Superstar only because I believe I could keep it at a lower register and not have to bring my voice up to a troublesome pitch. Being that I am male, I would have to preface my presentation by explaining that this is a song dedicated to Suzi Quatro or perhaps Joan Jett.

Jamesj75 likes this.
  6. Jamesj75

Jamesj75 Well-Known Member

"Superstar" is an awesome choice, Carpe diem!

But I have to tell you that many of us hard-core karaoke enthusiasts enjoy performing stone-cold sober! :tiphat:

Carpe diem likes this.
  7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

The only way I would go anywhere near a karaoke microphone, is if the entire audience had passed out drunk! :D

Carpe diem, Mark-T and Jamesj75 like this.
  8. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

On a related note:
    In grade-school, if memory serves, I performed the first stanza of Top Of The World.
    After which, the entire class joined in. I wish I remembered more--as I believe this was
    around the time the duo performed in Rockford, Illinois.
    Which, at the time was high atop the charts--although, I had no idea at that time !
    Sometime in the 1980's, me and two other souls were set to sing the shooby-doo's of
    the song One Fine Day, as done on the duo's Now & Then.
    But, yes, I would be more than willing to participate in a karaoke performance !
    (Deacon--of King of Queens TV Show--was going to do Carpenters in a karaoke-based episode, S8#9 !).

Jamesj75 and Carpe diem like this.