1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Carpenters "The Nation's Favourites" compilation coming in the UK

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by close2u40, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Hey, that makes the earlier version a "rare, misprint, first edition" for eBay! :biglaugh:

2. LondonRobert

LondonRobert Active Member

didnt think of that Harry, i was ust thinking I wanted the newer 'correct' version, but mine is maybe more interesting!

3. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Jamesj75, Jeff and Brian like this.
  4. Jamesj75

Jamesj75 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, GaryAlan! When I clicked on the link, Carpenters weren't mentioned on the opening page. Many pages had to be loaded before seeing their name. What I found helpful at this site was to key in "Carpenters" as a search term; then the reader is treated to several pages of milestone certifications of Carpenters' releases.

Brian and Jeff like this.
  5. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Just put this on to play. It might be my 2nd visit. I enjoy the sequencing here. So many comps begin with Yesterday Once More.

6. NATION'S FAVOURITE is pretty much in chronological order and IMHO is one of the best one-disc collections in terms of hits.

theninjarabbit and Jeff like this.
  7. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

I agree. The sound quality is exceptional. Straightfwd track selection. Not since the SINGLES 69-73 as far as comparison.
    I dig the Singles set from PBS. Never did I suspect such a treat to yesterday's mixes.

CraigGA likes this.