📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Carpenters album with the envelope sleeve recreated exactly , here’s hoping?. I bet it’s such a blast opening this set. Did it come with some sort of padded protection and an outer double box arrangement?.
I havent seen an LP by then which was sealed or brand new without age related issues gosh I can’t wait to see some photos and reports as to sound quality?.

Is the Carpenters album with the envelope sleeve recreated exactly , here’s hoping?. I bet it’s such a blast opening this set. Did it come with some sort of padded protection and an outer double box arrangement?.

The tan album does have the envelope design. Although I haven't cracked most of them open yet, it does look like they're surprisingly faithful to the artwork of the originals. There's no padded protection. The box is just heavy cardboard. All of the albums are individually shrink-wrapped, and the entire set is wrapped.

(There's a prominent UMe logo on the back of all of them that of course wasn't on the originals. Weird how that sticks out when you've memorized the look without it...)

Is the logo raised on the front of the box like the Greatest Hits album?.

Yes, it's raised. The logo on the box front is slightly raised as well. Again, I haven't opened some, but it appears "A Kind of Hush" has the orange inner printing with the Carpenters logo, too.

This is all incredibly promising to read, I’m so happy to get your input on it!. Thank you. Sound quality next then I’ll be happy with the wait for mine! If they sound good?.

Would you say the card is heavyweight which each album comes in?. my original USA albums seem a lot heavier than our U.K. versions (the covers). I’m hoping that these are heavy card stock?.

Great to see this “promo” for the vinyl set pop up. I spotted amongst those acetates and other things on his shelves something that had “Richard Carpenter / Petula Clark” on it, as well as what looked like an acetate or test pressing of Christmas songs including Jingle Bells, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Carol Of The Bells.

Here’s the direct link:

Not to belabor this but while interesting to hear, it's proof that he's gotten older. Of course, we all do but it was hard to see the shakiness and hear the gravel in his voice. No disrespect intended; just lamenting his aging process is all.

Ed

Mine has been delivered as well. Taking a quick look at the covers, they are pretty accurate to the originals. The colors appear darker but that could be my originals have faded over time. The only thing missing seems to be the original stickers. Most noticeable are the one from Horizon that was on the front that looked like the title printed on the back cover. The other is the gold sticker that "sealed" the envelope on "Carpenters". The other stickers that I have saved look like they were promotional for the singles off each album.

For those who will open and listen, will you leave shrink wrap on the albums? Box?

As much as possible. I'll probably just transfer some plastic covers I have on other LPs over to Now & Then, The Singles, and Horizon. I plan to listen to them all.

Received mine, it's beautiful. So much fun opening this! Everything packaging-wise looks high quality - crisp, bright colors where appropriate, etc.... I can't speak to the specifics of each album packaging in terms of faithfulness to the originals, as I haven't had the originals in many years.

Record pressing plants are not clean rooms. :wink: I usually do an ultrasonic cleaning followed by a clear water rinse and run it on the vacuum to dry. Pretty much what Harry Weisfeld (of VPI) does these days.

My envelope album has a weird place on side one. Looks like a scratch across the groves on Rainy Days. I was worried but it plays fine.

The tan album does have the envelope design. Although I haven't cracked most of them open yet, it does look like they're surprisingly faithful to the artwork of the originals. There's no padded protection. The box is just heavy cardboard. All of the albums are individually shrink-wrapped, and the entire set is wrapped.

Mine came in a heavy cardboard shipping box. Inside, the set was boxed with another cardboard box, and there was a small amount of paper stuffing to limit jostling in the outer box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom