📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This company in the U.K. SpinCD ain’t answering the phone or replying to emails (I’ve sent 6 emails to them), I paid via a Visa Debit card not credit card I just don’t know what to do?.

Regarding the box set and we’re it can be purchased I cannot find anything on Amazon Italia?, maybe they have removed it.

Wayne, did you not read above where someone quoted a communication saying that the set's remaining stock had been recalled? Of course you won't find anyone else stocking the set when they've been recalled.

I'm sympathetic to your plight and would suggest getting in touch with VISA to see if there's any recourse there.

Spin CD basically have said that the amount of pre orders they took from October to Dec 8th was far more than the amount of box sets they received from the uk importer?, surely this would suggest if you don’t know how many your going to receive you shouldn’t take the cash up front?, but what do I know!. I’ve clicked the link for Amazon Italy and it directs me to the UK site. The only problem is if they have recalled these box sets.

Spin CD basically have said that the amount of pre orders they took from October to Dec 8th was far more than the amount of box sets they received from the uk importer?, surely this would suggest if you don’t know how many your going to receive you shouldn’t take the cash up front?, but what do I know!. I’ve clicked the link for Amazon Italy and it directs me to the UK site. The only problem is if they have recalled these box sets.
How strange about the Amazon.it link. Could it be that there are some restrictions to buy from there if you live in the UK? I can perfectly have access to it from Argentina :hmmm:

How strange about the Amazon.it link. Could it be that there are some restrictions to buy from there if you live in the UK? I can perfectly have access to it from Argentina :hmmm:

Yes I tried on my iPad and it opened up my Amazon U.K. application?. Will try on a different device, if I ever get a refund that is!!.

Looks like the EU pressings of the vinyl albums is coming with an added bonus, is this happening elsewhere?

25348376_10210844906261041_9034808899027649207_n.jpg

Today I finished listening to the whole set. I'd say that 4 out of the 12 records should need replacement. TTR and CTY (side two has many clicks and pops especially at the beginning), AKOH (clicks and pops in most tracks) and Made In America which has no clicks or pops in general but a tiny scratch (I could it see with a magnifying glass) that affects the third song of side A with a constant and annoying pop for about 2 minutes! I contacted Amazon.it about this defect and I was refunded 43 euros as compensation for the faulty product. I wish I had a pristine set with no damaged record but this is the best I could get. I'm not going to email Universal because I don't think they will solve my problem especially for sets that are not available in the country.

After all these negatives I’m glad I haven’t got it, but would like my money back for the fresh air I have so far received , this Spincd really give UK independent record stores a bad name !.

Reactions: Sue
Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
The Vinyl Collection (12LP Box Set)
£129.99
Ordered: 1
Refunded: 1
£129.99
Subtotal £129.99
Shipping & Handling £0.00
Discount -£0.48
Points Earned 258 Gold Points
Points Spent 48 Gold Points
Grand Total £129.51
This is what is on my account page.
I received the refund today.

I contacted them Monday just to see when my copy would be sent out as I will be away later this week and it was only by chance that I found out that they could not honour the order due to suppliers letting them down.
As other people have said that price was really too good to be true and I agree their practice of taking payment in advance is not the sign of a company that has plenty of cash flow.
They most probably work out a house somewhere!

I find this absolutely unbelievable to be honest that they have refunded you!, both Sue and myself are having incredible difficulty getting our money back from them!. They just ain’t letting go of it, it is widely reported online about them holding o to many people’s payment for weeks and in most cases not refunding at all!!!. They have told me a completely different reason than they told you.
I am currently out of work and bought this for my mum for Christmas, they promised to refund me straight away ( chap said I’m doing it now ) and guess what 8 hours later no sign of anything.

Last edited:
Word from the company was that they were unsure of the music rights to some of the cues, so they nuked all of it and substituted this modern-sounding synth score on a 60s TV series. Quite a juxtaposition. Fans complained and wrote all sorts of warnings on any site that sold these, virtually frightening potential customers away.

A similar thing happened in 2012 when Visual Entertainment Inc released the 30th Anniversary Box Set of Cagney & Lacey: The Complete Series. My ears picked out straight away that some of the original songs which featured in certain scenes had been wiped and replaced by nondescript incidental music. I contacted Executive Producer Barney Rosenzweig via his Facebook page and he said that he hadn’t re-watched every single episode as part of the remastering process (there were 120+ episodes in total), but he did express how unhappy he was that the original songs had been deleted and that, had he known, he may not have given the go ahead for the set’s release.

The set quickly sold out as it was a deluxe collector’s limited edition and I don’t think the issue was ever fixed. From what I can gather, because the deleted songs featured vocalists and original music, that there was a royalties issue which he was never informed about.

I wonder if this is an actual EU pressing or a repackaging of the USA one with an MP3 voutcher ...
HMV record store Cardiff UK currently have six vinyl albums on display, three of them appear to have been manufactured in the US with no MP3 voucher, the other three albums are marked as being manufactured in the EU and have the download voucher. No sign of the vinyl box set.

Hi
Maybe you could try reporting spin to trading standards.
I guess I was really lucky to have contacted them when I did or I would having the same problems as you.
Good luck with getting your money back
I have deleted their bookmark from my iPad and will not be using them again no matter how tempting the price.

I reported before that The Carpenter's record was just totally noisy on sde 1and very dirty on side 2 I cleaned it on my cleaner the tracks were perfect but it had no effect on the noisy first side. Later after listening through some more I discovered that Horizen was great on side 1 but side 2 was awful. totally full of pops and it also could not be cleaned. I didn't try the UME-E-Mail yet opting to try my local store first to see what they can do. They are very accommodating and I trust to do what they advise me to do first. I'm hoping they can just send some more records for me to try out and I get lucky. Karen (yes Karen )

Hi
Maybe you could try reporting spin to trading standards.
I guess I was really lucky to have contacted them when I did or I would having the same problems as you.
Good luck with getting your money back
I have deleted their bookmark from my iPad and will not be using them again no matter how tempting the price.

I would like to know if they have an actual physical shop where you can go to sort this matter out, as mentioned both Sue and myself ain’t getting anywhere getting refunded. The cheek of this company beggars belief, i honestly believe that they have not ordered any stock of this at all!, put it up at a tremendous price to attract suckers like me to fall for it. Take their money and bye bye. I have supported independent record shops for many years and this is the last time.
This was going to be so special at this time of year, I know my mum would have been thrilled to be opening this special boxed set Christmas Day.

I did hear back from UMG today.

We apologize for the condition of your box set. You are more than welcome to return your damaged product to wherever you originally purchased it from, independent of us for a refund. However if you would like a replacement box set, do not return the set. Please physically destroy the units and provide a us with photo of the destruction. Upon receipt of this detail, your name will be added to our replacement list and a new box set will be sent to the address you provided us when they are ready.

Please note that it will be approximately 6-8 weeks before the replacement box sets will be ready and available for us to ship out to you. We apologize for this wait period and appreciate your patience while we have new box sets manufactured.

Not sure what to do. There are only 5 albums with any issues...the others are pretty perfect. not sure how to destroy them.

Is there a way to call Amazon and just see about returning only the bad albums? Is there even a way to call Amazon?

Jonathan

For those trying to destroy a record, could you borrow a drill and take pictures of the record being drilled through?

For those trying to destroy a record, could you borrow a drill and take pictures of the record being drilled through?
I guess you could always Fire up the BBQ and destroy them that way.

Or stick them in the freezer for a day and then shatter them.

This is all so sad...if you told me on page 1 of this thread that we would be talking about how to destroy a Carpenters LP on page 40...I would say you were nuts.

At least Jonathan's email response confirms the set is being re-pressed for a later date which is more than what my email indicated. It's such a poor response because there not indicating how you are to destroy the Lp's, are the labels suppose to be in the pic to confirm the vinyl is from this set? Otherwise it could be any vinyl your destroying. If it's a fire there will not be much to show in a pic. The interpretation is up for grabs. It's a lot of work to ask for the customer especially in my case when all of the set is defective. They say nothing about the LP covers but they reference it as "units". I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of back and forth in the claim process with them not believing people are destroying them the way they want, although there not saying how to destroy them and what is to be included in the pictures you are to send them. For me it's a nightmare and the whole process takes the magic out of what should have been an exciting experience to behold.

Last edited:
I did email back and thanked them for the response and said wasn’t there a way to only destroy the albums that were bad. It seems silly to destroy perfectly good albums just to get more albums. I don’t know.
Jonathan

This is absolutely absurd in this day and age. One of Madonna's last Blu Ray releases was pressed incorrectly. It's such a shame because it does take away the magic of these releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom