Carpenters Ultimate Collection (32 bit Remastered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing out that Sanity link in Australia, Laura. Here's that picture:

Ultimate.jpg

Harry

Harry said:
Amazon keeps pushing out the street date of this title. Originally, they had it at March 17th, yesterday it said March 21st, and today it's listed as March 22nd.

I guess it's tough with imports to get this information correct.

Harry

And yet another push back...now it's March 26th, what is with a Sunday release date? I thought new Cds got released on Tuesday's? :confused:

I thought it was Tuesdays in the states and Mondays everywhere else.

This pushback is SCARING me!

Add two more days, folks. Amazon now says March 28th. well, at least that's a Tuesday...

Harry

Now it's March 30th. This is begining to feel like "As Time Goes By" :laugh: I thought this was already released in Netherlands?

...will it ever get here?...

Today it's March 31st. It's almost as if Amazon has it set permanently 6 days in the future, until it gets here!

Harry

I don't know, it seems like "only yesterday once more" and "we've only just begun" to figure out the pattern.

Harry :)

Maybe Richard's worried that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear.

I'm sorry...I know...I'm ashamed...back to lurking...

Ed

For all we know, the distribution of these discs may be stuck at the top of the world, and it's going to take some time...

Harry :)

Well with Ed's post, my first thing that comes to mind is something could be different or wrong on the Netherlands release, Richard got wind of it and it's been pulled from US release. Does German Christmas Portrait ring a bell here? :laugh: Of course I'm just talking out of my head. :laugh: Now I want the original Netherlands release. :D

...guess I just lost my head, online...

Well, now I see that Amazon has backed the date up one day to April 5th from the 6th, but I wouldn't hold my breath. In fact, I just saw on HMV's (Japan) page that the set has an April 24th release date.

Also, did I not notice before, or has it been added to Amazon's description?:

Packaged in a beautiful tri-fold digipack with an 11-page bookelt.

I hadn't recalled the "digipak" wording in the description before. And "Tri-fold" would indicate that the three discs are housed on three individual "pages" that fold out, and the booklet must fit in there somehow.

If it ever gets released -- we'll see...

Harry

Well with Ed's post, my first thing that comes to mind is something could be different or wrong on the Netherlands release, Richard got wind of it and it's been pulled from US release. Does German Christmas Portrait ring a bell here?

I wondered the same Chris, but I suppose Richard wouldn't have it mentioned on his official site if he wasn't ok with its release.

Here are some of the dates for its release so far, which I suppose shows there's something not quite right behind the scenes:

Amazon 17 April
CD Universe 18 April
HMV Japan 24 April

and my favourite:

Sanity.com.au 5 February :laugh:

Stephen

Stephen

Harry, I never even noticed that about the digipak, wow this really seems like it will be a nice release, I can't wait to get this. They mispelled the word bookelt. :laugh: Unless that is the way they spell it in the Netherlands. :D

...Wishing for next week release, online...

There are some wild things going on about this release. As of this morning, amazon now has the street date of the Ultimate Colection back to February 23rd! And they now list five Marketplace Sellers with "New Or Used" copies!

Harry

CD Universe has it as ships in 1-2 days. Anyone here care to take the plunge and order it from them?

I'm curious just how this set will sound and if Richard was involved in anyway with the remastering of this set.

Scott B

Amazon now says, available and usually ships within 3 to 6 weeks.

I wonder if that is the final update? I wonder if that means they have shipped the pre-orders?

..still wondering, online...

It's official, here is the latest from Amazon, does that look like a scratch on the cover pic? Or is that a flap?

B000EOUTW6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V54725944_.jpg

"Dutch only 32-Bit remastered, three-disc collection from Universal. Includes 41 tracks while the third disc features their solo work respectively. Packaged in a beautiful tri-fold digipack with an 11-page bookelt. 2006."

No, I think Chris is referring to the light-colored line from the left upper corner and going down to near the middle of the "C" in "Carpenters".

It looks like a scratch to me - or perhaps an errant hair that got onto the scanner bed. Could be a flap, I suppose, but I don't see anything like that on the other side. Remember too that this is a digipak. It could be that the original in the photo was scratched.

Harry

I was thinking the same thing Harry :wink: . I guess you said it with words and I said it with pictures :laugh:

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom