1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

CDs of LOVE MUSIC

Discussion in 'Look Around: Sergio Mendes/Brazilian Music Forum' started by Harry, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator Thread Starter

Way back in 2003 (I think it was), I bought the Japanese release of Sergio Mendes' LOVE MUSIC. Today I had occasion to listen to a track or two and think it sounds pretty bad. There's lots of distortion on the louder vocal passages.

Has there ever been a better release than this Japanese Arista/BMG release on CD? Anyone know?

2. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge I never was able to get a cd copy of it but I had needledrop cds made from my clean vinyl copy of Love music and it sounds very good sometimes some cd reissues don't do an album justice sadly I usually go by my gut feeling about whether some cd reissues are important enough especially imports They better sound good or I won't bother spending the money for it

3. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Somehow I got ahold of the set of files for a 2008 (?) release from Sony/BMG. No clue as to what it sounds like. Booklet claims from "original master" tapes but that could mean anything. :shrug:

4. JMK

JMK Well-Known Member Contributor

I have a couple of releases. Don't recall hearing whatever Harry didn't like on the BMG (haven't listened in a long time, though), but there's another release that comes in one of those cardboard ecocases that I believe originated in the Philippines IIRC.