Cheek To Cheek

yamaha

Anybody out there having any issues with Music Volume 1? I've returned mine back to Amazon due to too much static or surface noise on the disc. Cheek to Cheek sounds horrible with the static. New copy they sent me was even worse then the one I sent back. Lucky Amazon included the download and I ended up making my own disc. Cheek to Cheek was an improvement but I can still hear a little static on it. Was it just recorded that way?

I believe that the "surface noise" was added so as to mimic an old record, since this is a very old song. The album is mastered very loudly, so you might be hearing some clipping in loud passages.

Hello all, I received my copy of Volume 1 several weeks ago and every track has slight distortion to it. Driving me nuts. I ordered from Amazon and did not realize a download was included.Hope I figure out how to access it. Rim Kasputis.

I know what you mean Rim. I also noticed the scratchy static sound on "Unforgettable". If it's supposed to be that way then I get it. I just think the sound sucks. It reminds me of playing a dirty vinyl record with a needle that needs cleaning. To each his own I guess. Herb is still the greatest!

I have had my copy and have no issues with it the scratching sound is the effect on unforgettable. I thing it sounds great like putting on a old jazz record from the 30s .

Anybody else think Herb sounds a lot like Nat King Cole on Unforgettable? I liked those sound effects like the old jazz records. :agree:

I understand that Herb has used various sound effects on his recordings over the years so I'm not alarmed or surprised when I hear a little static or a bit of distortion I remember reading where Herb said once that He Liked it a little gritty once in a while and he didn't like it when it was Too Clean.and that was many years ago when I read that so I always kept that in mind from then on His Rewhipped remix album is another Example of the use of scratchy vinyl effects. And other sound effects Herb is Just Doing his own thing.

"Michelle" has a sound that, in my vehicle, sounds for all the world like the right-hand speakers distorting on the bass. I tried turning down the volume and turning the bass down but it's still there. I didn't notice this when I played the tune on my computer speakers, so I have no idea. But it drives me crazy enough that I deleted the song from my iPod playlist. Too bad because I do like the tune. Guess I'll just listen to it when it pops up at home.

Back
Top Bottom